cat•astrophe

description: Dean and Cas go to a pet store and Cas desperately wants a cat. 

note: this one is shorter! only about 2000-ish words.. I saw it on a post and immediately thought of Cas and Dean.

words: 2,210

☁ 

Dean and Cas have been married for two years. There weren't many rules in their relationship but the number one thing that they arguably agreed on, was there was absolutely no pets in their house. 

For one, Dean was allergic to most animals, and was highly terrified of dogs. Secondly, their cozy apartment didn't allow pets. Thirdly, they were broke and couldn't afford anything in that matter. Fourthly and lastly, they were both extremely irresponsible and could barely take care of themselves. So, therefore, having any pets or just one pet would be a complete catastrophe. 

But, for some reason they were at a pet store. Sam had called because he was busy with his kids and Jess was out of town. Sam had three pets and needed food for them. So his brother and husband were his last resort. While on the phone, Dean rolled his eyes on just the thought of going to PetSmart. But Cas heard their conversation and agreed for Dean.

"Cas!" Dean had snapped, after he said bye to his brother.

"What?" Cas replied, with a small smile on his face. Cas loved animals and was upset about not being able to have one. "It would be nice just to look at them. Just bring your allergy pills."

"Fine. If I die then it's your fault."

"Alright." Cas smiled a big toothy grin. He was so excited to see a bunch of little animals.

About twenty minutes later, they arrived at PetSmart. Dean slipped out of the drivers seat of the Impala and Cas followed. The sliding doors open dramatically and Cas frantically waltzed in. 

There were birds, dogs, hamsters, guinea pigs, snakes, and most importantly, cats. Cas' grin and Dean's snarl walked to the front.

"Excuse me, ma'am?" Dean came up to the worker and spoke up, "Do you know where the cat food is?"

"Yes, it's right over there by the cats." She pointed toward the cat aisle. The shorter man was ecstatic, and sprinted toward the cats and practically squealed looking at the fluffy balls of fur. Dean followed with almost the same pace, wanting to get out of here. But Cas kneeled in front of a big and fat orange fluffy cat. He pet him through the cage and almost melted at the little cutie.

A small meow made Cas perk up, he turned his head and saw a black kitten with blue eyes. It looked about a week old, it was so tiny and delicate Cas felt like he was getting cavities from how sweet it was. 

The taller man finally picked out the right brand of cat food, after calling Sam and asking. Meanwhile, Cas was over there petting the kitten and talking to the worker about buying it. He was holding it in his arms after the employee took it out of its little cage.

Cas was giving it little pecks and kisses all around its face. He found out the kittens name was Saige, and it was a she. Dean walked up cautiously, as he was severely allergic to any kind of cats. Dean saw the look in his husbands eyes, and he knew that look. The look of I am getting this and you are not changing my mind. 

"Cas, dude.. let's go." Dean tugged at his trench coat sleeve. Cas was too mesmerized by the felines eyes.

"Dean, please, pretty please?" The man held up the kitten and smiled the widest he could.

Dean gave his bitch face. It was a stern no, "You know what will happen. We'll get kicked out of our apartment and it'll be your fault. I'm already starting to feel sick from the fur."