sur•ro•gate

description: Dean and Cas desperately want a child to extend their family. They decide to get a surrogate.

note: Day four of my thirty day writing challenge. Also, this is an AU, so Dean isn't a hunter and Cas isn't an angel.

second note: I absolutely hate mpreg fics  so you will see none of that. there will also not be teacher/student or professor/student AUs, high school AUs (I'm sorry) in these one shots. I promise I have a lot of good ideas for AUs and a lot of ideas set in the supernatural universe, and I promise I won't disappoint. Comment ANY ideas you might have for a one shot, and if I like it, then I'll write one, mentioning your name at the beginning :)

words: 2,798

Dean and Castiel had been married for three years. They've lived in the same house together for four. They knew that they were the ones for each other, the moment they started dating. Within those periods, they had been thinking about having children of their own.

They thought just one would be perfect. A boy or a girl. One that would look like either of them. Since neither of them could give birth, they decided to get a surrogate. Since it was very expensive, they had been saving up their money since the time they got married. They were immensely excited, because they were going to the doctor today to find out whose sperm is most compatible with the surrogate. 

Driving in the Impala, their hands were held together as they were driving to the clinic to see the results. Yesterday, they both extricated their sperm so the doctors could test them. Dean was driving and it was thirty minutes away. Cas had his head on the headrest, looking up, trying to rest his eyes. He had a long day of work that morning. His boss wouldn't let him go see the results, even though Cas had given him a three days notice that he would have to leave work early. It was currently three o'clock.

Dean, on the other hand, didn't have much of trouble. Bobby, was a close friend of his and he was like a father he never had growing up. His boss was just as excited as he was, because he knew Dean had been waiting for this moment forever. He worked at a mechanic shop, and was the only assistant manager there. Cas was a school psychologist. They made about the same a year, but it was still hard to save up. Because the surrogacy would cost about seventy-five thousand dollars.

"Baby, I'm so excited." Dean smiled, squeezing on Castiel's hand.

"I know. I am just wondering who is going to be the father of our child." his gruff voice answered sincerely. He took his head off of the headrest and began fiddling with his right hand.

"Well, I hope it's you so it'll have your blue eyes." Dean smiled, looking over at Cas. They were stopped at a red light.

Cas looked over at his husband. "I hope it is you so it will have your blonde hair and freckles."

Dean licked his lips. They both couldn't decide who would be the father, so they came to a conclusion that they would use whatever sperm was safest for the mother. The red light turned green and so Dean pushed on the gas again, slowly speeding off. Their hands never left each other's grip the entire time they were driving. It was silly, but they felt like teenagers experiencing their first hand held every time they did so. The fluttering of the heart, the adrenaline that coursed through each bone and each vein. They were never scared nor ashamed to hold each other's hand.

Taking a bold move, Cas leaned over to give Dean a kiss on his temple while he was focused on the road. His jaw clenched before, it then softened as he looked to his right, his ears turning pink. "What was that for, Cas?"

lovesick ➳ destiel oneshotsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara