shop•ping•spree

description: Dean and Cas shop together and Cas tries to figure out who stole his computer bag.

note: Day twenty of my thirty day writing challenge! Also, this is an AU.

words: 1,825

At the local Target, the rich-but-not-so-rich store where teenagers and middle aged women looking for wine come alike, Dean and Cas were standing in the middle of the aisle. Dean was softly gripping the cart's bright red handle, while he was standing by his husband of two years, Castiel. They were in the book aisle, since the man loved to read. Dean, bashfully, liked to read as well, but he wasn't very open about it.

"Can I get this one?" Cas asked, tilting his head while clutching a white, hardback book. Dean gripped the book from his hands and read the title. It was a poem book called Devotions by Mary Oliver. The man looked ecstatic because he was so excited about reading it.

"Of course, Cas. We can get whatever we want here." Dean nodded, putting it in the basket gently. Cas smiled a big grin and leaned over to kiss his husband, Dean, of course, accepted it and gave him a peck on the lips.

Target was a store of all ages. There were cribs and onesies for toddlers, toys for kids, books and games for teenagers, and home decor and food for adults and elderly alike. There was a Starbucks in the corner of the store and even a pharmacy in the back. The red-and-white logo store had everything, which was the quintessential place that Dean and Cas needed.

Recently, Dean had gotten a bonus check from his mechanic shop, working as the only assistant manager. Also, Castiel got a raise in his school counseling job. Both of them were immensely exuberant and decided to shop at the store for things that they had needed for a while. They began shopping some more, grabbing different things that they would probably regret buying later. Thank God for receipts.

"I also need a new computer bag." Castiel sighed. "Remember? Some kid at the school stole mine."

"Oh yeah!" Dean nodded, remembering what had happened. He clenched his teeth. It was a fairly expensive computer bag as well. They never found out who it was. "I remember being so mad about that, angel."

The man blushed at the name. A lot of people found out that Cas was gay and married to a man. Instead of disowning him and making fun of him, on their first year anniversary, a bunch of the kids at his school gave him cupcakes and a card. The card said congratulations for him and Dean and Cas almost burst into tears. He had been so scared of what the kids would do to possibly try to get him out of the school. The rest of the staff and teachers had found out, and were also nothing but supportive. They have loved Cas and him working there and the man was absolutely grateful for the school he got accepted into.

"I honestly think it's that kid in eleventh grade who always makes fun of gay people." Cas looked down, trying to remember what his name was. "Oh! God, it has to be that Brandon kid."

Thankfully, when the computer bag was stolen, his MacBook was not inside of it. If it was, then who knows what would've happened after that. His computer, with most of his work inside of it, would be lost forever. It was a computer bag that his brother had gotten him a few years prior as a Christmas gift. The man had always taken care of it, until he came back from his session and it was gone.

"He makes fun of gay people?" Dean looked over, reaching for an Unturnables DVD. Cas looked at what he was holding in his hand, and softly laughed.

"Yeah. The kids in my sessions tell me about him all the time." he thinned his lips, slightly nodding.

"Give me his address so I can beat his whiny ass." Dean flicked his neck up in a demeaning way. Instead of Cas being intimidated by him, he laughed harder. "What? I'm serious."