sleep•y

description: Dean and Cas keep sleeping in.

note: day eight of my thirty day writing challenge!

words: 962

July 5th, 2020

It was the peak of midsummer, and there hadn't been any new cases in the past few days, so Dean and Cas have been waking up at noon, tangled up with each other and the sheets, covered in sweat and kisses.

Drowsily, Dean looked at the time on his watch, he could feel on his bare skin of his torso, his boyfriend of seven months, bundled up against him, snoring. They had tried a new position, and it was very tantalizing. Cas, late last night, spooned up behind him and fucked him lazily, whispering things into his ear while Dean was a muttering and moaning mess. Dean could feel the consequence of the night before as he moved his neck, his thighs and ass sore. He groaned, cursing the pain, but the lethargic yet erotic position was definitely worth it.

The time was a quarter past noon. Record beat! The day before he had beat his record by four minutes, as the day before that it was a quarter before noon. He felt the warm body next to him shift and Dean looked to see that the angel was opening his eyes up, and he started yawning like a cat.

Dean reached his head down and kissed Cas on the shoulder as he was still yawning, his voice quiet and tired. He felt addicted to Cas, as his eyes were droopy and love-sickened. Castiel, his angel, was like a drug. Dean had never really done drugs before, but he was sure the angel was some type of nicotine. Everything about him was perfect.

"Hello, Dean." he mumbled that famous line.

"Hey, angel."

Cas' voice in the morning was somehow deeper than it normally was, if that was even remotely possible.

"Dean..." he began, using that annoyed tone of voice he did.

"Cas. You're my angel okay? It doesn't matter if you don't have wings."

The mentioned sighed, giving up, he was too tired to argue against the nickname, despite it being full of truth or not.

July 6th, 2020

Kissing Dean's temple, Cas got up at once again, noon. He went into the bathroom and did his hair, trying to make of the mess on his head. It was no use as the permanent ravenous hair sprang back to its natural state. 

He went into the kitchen and began brewing black coffee, a substance that Castiel never understood, it was filled of caffeine which sent adrenaline through human's blood, springing them awake. Dean loved it however, and drank it almost every morning if he had the time. The angel studied observantly every time he did so, and so therefore he was almost certain he could do it.

The coffee began spewing out through the filter, steaming the brown liquid. He did it! All he had to do was wait and start making the bacon and eggs for Dean. Getting the ingredients out of the fridge, he heard heavy footsteps behind him. He turned around, carrying his egg carton and saw Sam, standing there in sweatpants and a gray shirt.

"Good morning, Sam. Would you like some coffee, eggs and bacon? I am making it for Dean." he beamed, smiling at the groggy over-six-foot man. 

"Coffee sounds wonderful. Thank you, Cas." Sam suppressed a tired smile. They had all slept in that morning, apparently.

The coffee finished as the eggs were being cooked and the bacon was on the stove. The smell and sound of sizzling bacon flamed through the air, making Sam perk up as he was sitting down, looking at his laptop and clicking away.

As the eggs were being served, the bacon was cooling down, and the coffee was pouring in mugs. Cas poured one for Sam and served him the cup, Sam looked at it confused as it had "Happy Birthday, Dean!" written in printed text on the side. But he obliged, despite what the mug said, and took a sip. It was still hot but it was just the right temperature to wake Sam up.

Cas brought the two pans of eggs and bacon over to the table, putting a cloth underneath both of them it so the excessive heat of the pans wouldn't burn their wooden table. The angel sat there, his hands in his lap, waiting as he watched Sam serve himself only the eggs. Sam wasn't very fond of bacon, as he had been testing being a vegetarian lately, and he really enjoyed it. Dean, arguably, told him it was a dumbass idea and that meat was for warriors, yet Sam scolded him and said that vegetarianism was very good for the body.

"You gonna eat?" Sam asked.

"No. This is for you and Dean." he replied simply, perking up in his chair as he watched as his significant other walk into the room.

The angel stood up immediately, going over to embrace Dean as the hunter planted a kiss on his head, patting his back. "This for me?"

"Yes. Bacon and coffee are your favorite, correct?" Cas tilted his head as they let go of each other's hug. Sam sipped his coffee, amused at their love for each other. He loved their relationship and how much it was growing.

"It is, angel."

Cas almost spoke a simple argumentative word, but ceased the decision to. He decided that he liked the nickname, and even though he didn't have wings or powers, he was still the supernatural being to his loved one. And that was all that mattered.

After the crunchy bacon, gooey eggs, warm, black coffee, kisses with giggles, and waking up half past noon, the morning was perfected.

Nothing could make it better. Nothing.