Chapter 2 - Double Dragon

It's been two weeks Tigress hasn't shown up. Aparently Alya is starting to have a new favorite superhero since Tigress' first apparition, and she won't stop talk about her until she gets an interview with her - or maybe she won't stop after that, that's predictable. Juleka was starting to begin a bit nervous about it, she was wondering if Alya would follow Tigress everywhere just like she did with Ladybug before. Mme. Bustier arrived the classroom and the students sit back to their spots. Rose looked strainly neutral to Juleka, who stared at her silently.

"Why are you so tense about Tigress when Alya talks about her?" The petite girl asked, her big blue eyes focused on the tall girl's rust-colored eyes.

"What do you mean?" She would repeat that phrase every time Rose touched on the subject of Tigress. Juleka noticed that Rose began to suspect about her a few days ago.

"You always get tense about Alya's theories about her, but you always smile or blush when other people talk about her," The smaller one looked past Juleka, as if far away fantasizing about something else in her mind. Juleka hesitated for a second.

"I- err ..."

"Rose, Juleka, have something you want to share with the class?" Mme. Bustier asked loudly for everyone to hear. Immediately the whole class looked at both girls in the same time.

"No, Mme. Bustier," they both muttered, embarrassed and with their heads bowed. The class looked back at the teacher when they heard her voice echo through the classroom once again. Juleka and Rose had no choice but to pay attention in class and stop talking. Juleka barely paid attention in Mme. Bustier and the lessons because of what Rose said, she thought for a second about later taking the history book to break to study the subject better. The class went by fast, and Rose eventually forgot about Tigress, luckily for Juleka.

The break was as it always was, the two of them in their corner talking about anything that came to mind. In the middle of the break, Juleka pulled her history book from her purse and opened it on the page Mme. Bustier had said earlier in class.

"Didn't you take notes for class?" Rose asked as she saw the book in her friend's hands. Juleka watched her for a second silently.

"It's not that ..." she murmured. "I just couldn't pay attention to reading the texts," Juleka wasn't lying, she didn't really pay much attention to the reading, or in anything in the class, but it wasn't because of inattention or sleepness, as was Rose probably thinking.

"Oh ..." The blonde gasped slowly. "Don't you want help? We can go to your house to study after class, or mine, whatever you prefer! "The petite offered cheerfully.

Juleka curved her lips in a small smile. She looked into the little blonde's eyes and nodded, also hummed in confirmation.

***

The girls were walking into the science room when a creature kicked the school wall and destroyed it as if it were nothing. The dust that arose bothered everyone but the creature, which was soon fully revealed when the dust settled. Juleka already thought about the possibility...

He was a half-lizard and half-human boy. He was about two meters tall, also had two pairs of horns and scaled legs and arms, half of his body red and the other half light blue. His eyes were like reptile eyes, big and with thin pupils. The iris was amber, as was the tip of his dark horns. He had sharp teeth and a lizard tail, along with a pair of scaly wings, one red and one light blue, just as the body was divided. The human part was still normal-skinned but darker, almost joining the red tone of some of the scales. He wore medieval clothes, like some kind of breastplate and leather gloves, and had a thorn collar around his neck. He also had baggy pale beige pants, which made him look like a medieval-era soldier.