Chapter 4 - Docbot

Roaar was sitting at the table by Juleka's bed while eating a chocolate bar. Juleka was in her bed, reading a post from Ladyblog that was just posted. She was a little breathless from the battle she, Viperion, Ladybug, and Chat Noir had against another Akuma, and the post she was reading was about that battle. It was there that she finally met Viperion, one of the most talked about superheroes; he only lost to Ladybug, Chat Noir and Rena Rouge. Juleka at first thought that the snake hero was a jerk who wanted attention only for himself until she finally met him, since he is quite the opposite of that. He even reminded her a little of Luka…

   Suddenly Juleka heard footsteps approaching far away, they seemed to come slowly down the stairs, as if whoever was approaching and were tired. She didn't know if her strangely accurate hearing was a gift from her Miraculous, she would ask Roaar later. Juleka quickly whispered to Roaar to hide in his pocket and so did he quickly. After a few seconds Luka opened the door slightly, he was a little breathless, just as Juleka earlier.

   "Where were you?" Juleka asked placing her phone in her lap and looking at her brother. She noticed that Luka was a little tense with the question. He scratched the back of his neck and shrugged.

   "You know, I was delivering meals, as usual ..." He replied in a slightly hesitant voice.

   "Today’s Sunday," Juleka pointed out, raising an eyebrow. Luka didn't work on Sunday, and it looked like he was thinking of another excuse.

   “Extra day,” He once again shrugged, but instead of speaking quickly he let out almost a strange sigh. Juleka looked him up and down and shrugged slightly; if she asked anything else he would start talking metaphors. Luka was relieved for a moment, the girl figuring that was because she stopped questioning him. She continued reading the post, now glancing at her brother since it looked like he was expecting her to do something, she just didn't know what. Occasionally he darted hesitant glances out of the corner of her eye toward her, and after a while he took a book from his bed drawer and opened it on some random page, but Juleka noticed that the book was upside down. Juleka sighed loudly and stood up. She took the rest of the chocolate bar from her desk and left the room slamming the door. She heard a different voice coming from the room, but figured it was just Luka talking to himself, now he did that often.

   "Can you give me the rest of this chocolate, right there?" Roaar asked as he pulled his little head out of the pocket of Juleka's shirt. “I'm starving!” He floated to the candy bar and spread his arms dramatically, then put them on his belly to show he was actually 'starving'. Juleka sighed once more, a little angrier now.

   "I don't understand ..." Juleka muttered to herself, but, as always, Roaar could hear. "Don't understand what?" He asked. “I need this chocolate! How can’t you understand?” Roaar stroked the bar that was in the girl's hand with some drama; Juleka took a piece of the chocolate and gave it to the kwami.

   "It’s not that," she whispered irritably. "Looks like Luka’s hiding something from me," Roaar looked at her with a raised eyebrow. Juleka couldn't understand what the little tiger meant because of the chocolate on his lips that made her not take him seriously.

   "What?" She asked quickly, Roaar devoured the last piece of the rectangular candy. "You hide your secret identity as a superhero from him; I don't think his secret is that big, you know?" He licked his lips and wiped the chocolate off his face. "Besides, he has a right to keep secrets; you say everyone conceals something," He crossed his arms and glared at her as if he were lecturing the girl. Juleka sighed, but unlike the other times, it was a sigh of defeat.

   "Okay, you're right," she said finally. "Who am I to talk about secrets?" Roaar gave Juleka a satisfied look. She went to the couch and sat next to the bass she had left there after her band's rehearsal for the upcoming show. She picked up the bass and started playing some notes of a new song that she and Luka were thinking about - not for Kitty Section, just because they wanted to work on something together - and it didn't take long to hear Luka's guitar go along the melody. Little by little the guitar and bass were in sync, like two ocean waves crashing into a single one.