Chapter 7 - Conversations

"Fourth Akuma only this week!" Juleka moaned irritably and threw herself on the bed. "And Rose'll come here to do the art model." She kept raising her head slightly, as if she had just remembered that. "If I make any more excuses she'll be even more suspicious…" Roaar landed on the table looking at the girl with a concerned look. He sighed.

   "Look, I think it's better if you take a break with Tigress." He said slowly, his ears down. "Ladybug and Chat Noir can handle villains on their own, and I think Tigress is taking too much of your personal life." Juleka looked at him with wide eyes, how could he say that? She couldn't just stop protecting Paris, that was foolish.

   "How can you say something like that?" The girl turned and got up to get a better look at the Kwami. "Tigress can't just suddenly disappear. I'm not 'taking a break' or anything like that!" Roaar looked even more worried.

   "But…" He started, but Juleka interrupted him.

   "I don't want you to say anything else about it. I won't resign." She stood up as she said, and the Kwami's mouth was sealed as he tried to retort the young woman. He nodded sadly.

 ***

   Marinette was on the deck of Liberty waiting for Luka. The guitarist put on his sneakers to meet the girl outside. Juleka waited her brother to leave once and for all, so she could finally be alone to apologize to Roaar for the way she spoke to him earlier. Since her mother had left again, Luka was the last one left for the boat to be empty, with only Juleka and Roaar left.

   "I'll be back in two hours, I think." Luka told her sister as he got up and toke a marshmallow bag. Juleka just nodded affirmatively, she didn't say nothing, she was just looking at her laptop. The boy then left the room closing the door. Roaar got out of the girl's pocket when he heard the door close. He rested on the table and said nothing, barely looking at Juleka. The dark-haired girl looked at the Kwami for a few seconds before opening her mouth.

   "Sorry for the way I spoke to you earlier today…" She began, catching Roaar's attention. "I didn't mean to 'forbid' you to talk about that, I just… talked without thinking." Roaar sighed an "ok", but Juleka doubted that was already ok. She knew Roaar wanted only the best for her, but she would have to think more about taking time out with Tigress later.

   A few minutes passed, both looking out of nowhere and thinking about their 'conversation', and Juleka noted that she would not take any words from Roaar until his suggestion was actually considered by the girl, but it wasn't the time. Juleka looked at her phone, it was almost time for Rose to appear. She sighed as she tucked her phone in her pocket, she had nothing to do but wait for her best friend.

   When Juleka noticed, someone was knocking on her bedroom door. The person was too small to appear in the little door window. The only person short enough and fully allowed to simply enter the Couffaine houseboat as if they already lived there was Rose.

   Well, she arrived.

   Roaar hid in Juleka's pocket quickly as she rose to answer the door. She took a deep breath, would have to think about what Roaar had said after the mockup.

   "So?" Alix's unmistakable high-pitched angry voice sounded. Oh, of course. Alix. There was only one person smaller than Rose who actually lives there. Juleka wondered what she was talking about.

   "Wh-" She started, but was interrupted by the shorter girl.

   "My sprays." It was as if Alix read Juleka's thoughts in the tone of voice she used, as if it were obvious. "Luka said he'd look after he got back, and I've been waiting for half an hour!" Of course that was it, what else could Alix want from her? Juleka really wasn't about to start hunting for the reddish-haired girl's lost sprays, so she thought of an excuse quickly.