Chapter 3 - Everybody Loves Tigers

"Finished!" Alya took her hands off the keyboard and raised her arms in celebration. The Girl Squad clapped and some of them cheered as they laughed. The girls were at Alya's house while she was finishing her blog about Tigress, she spent the last week working on it - well, she's been working on it since the hero's last appearance. The girls got up and went to the computer to see how the blog was going. Juleka was the one who concentrated the most, well, concentrated too much, and Alya noticed that.

  "Looks like we have a jury here, doesn't it?" She said playfully as she stared at Juleka, the other girls looked at her. Juleka felt her throat close for a second.

  "I, err ... just noticed you wrote her special power wrong," she said quickly, Alya revised the text. "Isn't it 'Appulse'?" The young reporter turned to the goth girl, who now inspired a small determination. "It's Impulse," she corrected. Alya raised an eyebrow. "And how do you know that?" The tall girl blinked a few times. "I was there, in the battle..." Well, it wasn't a lie, she actually was there, but not the way Alya and the other girls thought. "Okay; thanks, anyway," Alya shrugged and corrected her text. Juleka felt a little embarrassed about it, it seemed like she was 'challenging Alya's reporter abilities' or something.

  "Err, why do you even do these blogs about the heroes, Alya?" Marinette asked and Alya turned to her dramatically. "So people know how and when heroes are going to act, so people know how to help them when they need to..."

   "I have a faster answer, that's because you're such a big superhero nerd," Alix interrupted and the girls started laughing. Suddenly Alya turned back to the monitor.

   "Oh, I almost forgot," Alya gasped, and then opened a video on the computer. It was the heroes' fight against Double Dragon, Juleka would never forget those bicolor scales. That was definitely the worst day of her life. Alya played the video and every hit someone in the video dealt was a joint gasp of the girls, aside from Alya and Juleka, the only ones who knew what the fight was like. When the video ended, Juleka's cell phone rang. She took it from her pocket and was not surprised when she saw that Luka was calling her. The girls looked at her, so she stared one at a time nervously.

   "I'll be right back," Juleka muttered quickly as she stepped back and answered the call. Barely enough time to speak, Luka was already talking.

   "Jule, you won't believe it!" Luka said slowly, but in an energetic tone. Juleka wondered what made her brother so excited.

   "What?" Juleka asked quickly, not as brightly as Luka.

   "Jagged Stone!"

   "What about him? A new show? "

   "Almost that, but it's even better! He just asked by message if Kitty Section wants to open his show next month!" The older brother's agitation passed like electricity to Juleka, who withstood the shock of surprise that passed through her body in silence, but couldn't help but wide her eyes. Jagged Stone inviting their band to open his show? It felt more like a dream come true. Luka's background voice saying 'this happened thanks to Ma-Ma-Marinette' and that they have until the end of the day to decide.

   "H-he what ...?" Juleka stammered, still not sure if she was dreaming or not. She had expected her vision to dim and wake up in her bedroom, even though she wanted to believe it was real.

   "Didn't you hear? Jagged Stone- "

   "Yeah, I heard," Juleka interrupted Luka before he repeated everything. "But I still can't believe it ..."

   "Well, call Rose to come home to decide this, Ivan is already on his way," Luka informed, then hung up the call. Juleka was still paralyzed; this... was this really happening? She shook her head slightly and then went to Rose and saw the rest of the Girl Squad staring at her with confused faces.