Chapter 1: Ash Release and a trip to Suna

Naruto Uzumaki doesn't know a lot of his background, and his life in general. The "Jailor" of the Kyuubi. Son of the Yondaime Hokage, and Kushina Uzumaki. All though the four year old will have a life-changing shock. He has a Kekkei Tōta by the name of Haiton, or Ash Release.

Haiton is similar to Jiton (Magnet Release), and Yōton (Lava Release). Haiton is a mixture of Katon (Fire Release), Futon (Wind Release), and Doton (Earth Release). A user of Haiton can if needed to control sand if in a sandy environment. All though, in recorded history, it has never been done before. Haiton like Jiton, and Yōton can solidify. Unlike Yōton, Haiton can't turn into a liquid. Like Jiton, Haiton doesn't need Hand Seals to use, and can make huge waves of ash.

Anyway, right now Naruto is traveling to Sunagakure no Sato, along with the Sandaime Hokage, and his personal ANBU. Why are they traveling to Suna? Well Konoha, and Suna have agreed to an alliance. A term of said alliance, is taking part in a yearly meeting to discuss changes, and whatnot.

The Hokage decided to show Naruto what another Hidden Village looks like, and is bringing the boy along with him. The Hokage, while on the walk to Suna, decides to teach Naruto about Elemental Chakra. He says, "Nature Transformation is an advanced form of chakra control that entails the moulding and defining of the nature of one's chakra, altering its properties and characteristics for use in techniques. Nature transformation is one of two necessary components for creating or modifying a technique, the second component being shape transformation. While nature transformation changes the properties of the chakra, shape transformation changes the actual form and movement, altering its abilities. The release of elemental chakra is typically suffixed with "Release".

Godai Kihon Seishitsu are the five elemental chakra natures, which are the foundation of all elemental ninjutsu. They are so vital to the shinobi lifestyle that each of the Five Great Shinobi Countries is named after one of the five. Each element is naturally weaker than and stronger than another.

Fire (火, Hi) is strong against Wind but weak against Water. Wind (風, Kaze) is strong against Lightning but weak against Fire. Lightning (雷, Kaminari) is strong against Earth but weak against Wind. Earth (土, Tsuchi) is strong against Water but weak against Lightning. Water (水, Mizu) is strong against Fire but weak against Earth.

In general, every person's chakra has an affinity towards one of the five basic nature transformations. Affinity can at times be genetic, or at least common to a particular family; most members of the Uchiha clan have an affinity towards the Fire nature. One's affinity can be determined using pieces of paper made from a special type of tree that is grown and fed with chakra. When this so-called "Chakra Induction Paper" is exposed to even the slightest hint of chakra, it reacts according to the chakra's latent element.

Fire: the paper will ignite and turn to ash. Wind: the paper will split in two. Wind: the paper will split in two. Earth: the paper will turn to dirt and crumble away. Water: the paper will become wet/damp.

Naruto, I have a piece of Chakra Induction Paper, do you want to test you affinity, and or affinities?"

Naruto nods his little sunshine blonde head. The Sandaime gave Naruto the piece of paper. When the four year old pours his chakra into the paper, it rips in half with one side turning to ash, falling into his hand. The other side turning to dust, and crumbled into his hand, once again.

This shocked the old Kage. He says, "Naruto-kun you have three affinities. Fire, Wind, and Earth. Which means you have a Kekkei Tōta, called Haiton, or Ash Release. I thought it was just in legend, but you have it."

Naruto asks, "What's a Kekkei Tōta?"

The Sandaime answers, "A Kekkei Genkai is a combination of two natures, or its a Dojutsu, or eye technique. A Kekkei Tōta is a combination of three natures. Also to be considered a Kekkei Tōta, one must have an affinity towards three Elemental Chakra Natures."

Naruto jumps in joy. He is so cool. The blonde says, "I'm so going to take that hat now."

The Sandaime replies, "That's only if you can beat me in a spar."

Naruto then says, "Then I'll beat you in two spars."

The Hokage asks, "How will you beat me in two spars, if you can't even beat me in one?"

Then it was silent for the rest of the way to Suna. When there Naruto meets Gaara, while the Sandaime Hokage is meeting the Yondaime Kazekage. Naruto. And Gaara instantly hit it off, becoming best friends. The meeting took all week, and then they left to go back to Konoha.