Chapter 5: First C-Rank

Jiraiya says, "I'll be out of the village for awhile. I'd like for you to do at least one C-Rank mission during my absence. You can obviously do more than one, but I'd like to train you a bit more. All though, you could perfectly do a C-Rank, or higher, and be perfectly fine. Me saying that doesn't mean you shouldn't train."

Jiraiya then disappears in a Toad Shunshin, because if Itachi can disappear into a murder of crows, then he can disappear into a knot of toads. And by the way, a "Knot" is the actual term for a group of toads.

So Naruto grabs, Temari by the waist, and Ash Shunshins in front of the mission Assignment Room. It is located within a huge, wide-open space with six windows and high ceilings with two stick-like lights. The ceiling also has the kanji for the word "shinobi" printed on it. There is a long table where the Hokage and other ninja sit when distributing the missions. On the front of the desk, there is a white banner with the kanji that says "mission assignment this way", and at the top is another banner that says "everybody, do your best".

Naruto, and Temari enter the room to see the Sandaime, Iruka, Kakashi, and Kakashi's team. Temari says, "The Pervert wants us to do a C-Rank mission."

The Sandaime quickly thinks for a bit, before grabbing a folder. He says, "You are just in luck. You'll be going on a C-Rank mission with Team 7. You five are to escort, and protect a bridge builder named Tazuna on his way home to Nami no Kuni, and while he builds his bridge. ANBU bring Tazuna here."

A couple hours later, an old man enters. He is a grey-haired, bespectacled man with a large beard and dark eyes. The old man wears a sleeveless v-neck shirt with an obi, pants and a pair of sandals. He also carried a towel around his neck and wore a pointed hat on his head.

Naruto guesses that this old man is Tazuna, which he is correct in that guess. Tazuna then says, "So I'm going to be protected by a bunch of Gakis? Me a Master Bridge Builder?" He then point to Naruto, and Temari, Tazuna continues, "At least Tomato, and Fan looks competent. Anyway, protect me with your lives."

Kakashi says, "Pack for a month long mission, and meet at the South Gat in two hours. Ja ne."

And two hours later, Naruto, and Temari are the first to get to the gate. As they are sitting against a tree, Sasuke comes. Obviously, Sakura is the last of the Genin. She probably wanted to do her make-up for her "Sasuke-kun", and slightly forgetting about packing for their first C-Rank mission. After Sakura, Kakshi, along with Tazuna appears.

Kakashi says, "Let's get going."

And so they walked through the gate. Sasuke, and Sakura are excited about going outside Konoha. All though Sasuke is an Emo, so he didn't show it.

A day of travel later, Kakashi, Naruto, and Temari notice a puddle Genjutsu. Naruto unnoticeably facepalms. It hasn't even rained in at least a month. And when two missing-nin from Kiri jump out of the puddle "killing" Kakashi, Naruto quickly says, "Haiton: Jigoku Gēto no Jutsu (Ash Release: Breath of Hell's Gates Technique)!" Naruto then proceeds to exhale a narrow and continuous stream of heated ash particles. Killing the Shinobi, with a tiny hole straight through his chest.

Naruto then freezes. He killed someone. Somebody died, and it was because of him. He then felt his wet cheeks. He his crying. Naruto then smells the blood coming from the dead shinobi, and pukes. Temari quickly goes to his aid, as Sasuke attacks the other Shinobi.

Sasuke ducks under a slash from the opponent's claw, and punched the Shinobi in the stomach. He quickly jumps up in the air, flipping around heel kicking the Shinobi on the top of the missing-nin's head. Making the former Kiri-nin fall face first into the ground, knocking him out.