21

The next morning I woke up an hour earlier than I was accustomed to. Freelancing from home meant I got to set my work hours, and waking up before 8:00 am was not one of my priorities.

After slapping on some eyeliner and mascara, I threw my hair up in a bun that would inevitably become a messy-bun by the end of the day, and exited the tiny bathroom. I had opted for black leggings and a large sweater knowing that it was going to be a long, tense day, and I wanted to be as physically comfortable as possible.

I packed up my laptop and drawing tablet in my backpack, and slipped on some sneakers.

I glanced at myself in the mirror near the front door to make sure I was presentable enough to leave the house. "Meh, good enough."

***

The coffee shop's parking lot was full, and trying to find free parking near the university campus was next to impossible. I ended up parking several blocks away in a residential area and walked back to my destination.

The coffee shop had a homey but hip vibe with lots of wood tones and two distinct seating areas. One featured over-stuffed couches and armchairs near the front windows, while the other was the standard 2- or 4-top tables with mismatched wooden chairs toward the middle and back of the shop. The place was packed despite it being just after 8:00 am.

I spotted Jimin at a table along the back wall and headed over to him.

As I approached the table, Jimin gave me a warm smile and stood up to greet me.

"You made it!" He exclaimed and pulled me into a hug. I hesitated before hugging him back. Just play along, Y/n.

Jimin pulled out the seat next to his and motioned for me to sit down. I gave him what I hoped looked like a sincere smile before taking a seat.

From our vantage point, we could keep an eye on both the front door and the counter.

"Nice table choice," I muttered as I pulled my laptop out of my bag and began setting up my computer and drawing tablet. I did plan on doing some work while staking out the coffee shop. I still had bills to pay. "Do we have to sit next to each other?"

Jimin leaned over and gently cupped my cheek with his hand. "Yes, this way we can both keep an eye on the door." He whispered. "So act like we're a couple, Waffles."

I placed my hand over the one resting on my cheek and smiled at Jimin. "You're a bastard. I'm going to get something to eat." I removed Jimin's hand and fished my wallet out of my backpack.

"Oppa, do you want anything to eat?" I asked in the cutest voice I could muster and made sure to project enough for the people at nearby tables to hear.

It was nearly imperceptible, but Jimin froze before giving me a bright smile and shaking his head. His eyes were reduced to tiny crescents and all of his teeth were on display. Cute.

I flashed him a finger heart and made my way to the counter. Per Jungkook's recommendation, I ordered the quiche of the day which was kale, prosciutto, and feta cheese.

While I waited for my quiche, I idly looked around the coffee shop. I was the only blonde female there. I did notice a few other hybrids, a mouse and a lion. But no one stood out as being threatening or suspicious in any way.

Once my food was ready, I headed back to the table and Jimin.

"That does look like good quiche," Jimin quipped as I set the plate on the table. As I sat down, Jimin leaned in and whispered, "Did you see anyone who could be the hunter?"

I cut a small piece off of my wedge of quiche, speared it with a fork, and shoved it in Jimin's mouth. I smiled at the look of surprise on his face.

"Nope."

"Hmm. Well, we do have all day." Jimin sighed. "This is really good quiche."