Chapter 4: Growing Feelings

ESPIO'S POV

I walked upstairs and towards Destiny's room at the end of the hall to find Destiny's door closed. I then knocked on her door.

"Go away Liz." Dez said.

I knocked again.

"Destiny it's not Liz. It's me Espio." I say, "Can I come in?"

Destiny didn't respond for a minute or two but then Destiny finally responded.

"You can come in Espio." Destiny said, "Doors open."

I opened the door and entered Destiny's room. I shut the door behind me as soon as I entered her room. Her room was nice and neat. Destiny's walls were painted a lavender purple. With pictures of her, Liz, and with there mom and dad smiling happily. Pictures of her and Liz winning first place in sports and pictures of her winning first place in matches of fighting in her ninjutsu class I assumed. She looked like the age of what 6 maybe?

"That was when I was 4 years old. I won my very first ninjutsu match. I went against a girl who was 2 years older than me that I won against." Destiny said sitting up on her bed.

I turned my attention to her.

"Did you want something Espio?" Destiny asked.

"Are you alright Destiny?" I ask Concerned.

"What do you mean?" Destiny asked.

"Liz said that you don't often act like this at all." I say.

Destiny sighed.

"I'm fine." Destiny said looking away hiding her emotions.

"Destiny I know you're lying." I say.

"I... you wouldn't understand." Destiny said looking down now.

"Understand what Destiny I can't understand if you don't tell me why." I say walking up to her and sitting next to her on her bed.

"I... I can't." Destiny said.

"Destiny I know we haven't known each other for long but you know that you can tell me anything." I say looking at her.

"I... it's just that so much is happening so fast.... To fast...." Destiny said, "Plus I'm being entrusted with the purple sol emerald. I-it's just hard to process it all...."

But I knew that she wasn't telling me everything.

"Destiny I know that your not telling me everything. It's ok I know it's hard but you need to tell me what it is." Espio said.

"Espio I'm a monster!" Destiny said standing up.

"Destiny your not a monster why would you say that about yourself." I say standing up at her response.

"Because Espio what other human can do this!" Destiny snapped with teary eyes.