Chapter 5: Run in with Silver the Hedgehog

SHADOW'S POV

Sonic and I rushed back as fast as we could back to Liz and Destiny's house. Once we did I rushed Liz up to her room as Sonic rushed Destiny to hers. I was worried about both of them and I didn't really know what to do.

'For once I wish Rouge were here. She'd probably know what to do.' I thought.

"Shadow what do we do now?" Sonic asked desperately.

"Sonic you go get Tails and Espio while I stay here and watch Liz and Destiny." I say.

"I'll be back faster than you can say--" Sonic said.

"JUST HURRY UP AND GO ALREADY!" I shouted irritated.

"Ok ok I'm going." Sonic said as he dashed away to go get Tails and Espio.

I sigh.

'God he's so annoying.' I thought, 'He better hurry up and get Espio and Tails.'

I went back into Liz's room to check on her current condition. I touched Liz's head gently only to feel coldness. Her pulse was good. I then put her blanket over her body to keep her warm. Then I went to go check on her sister Destiny. Destiny was worse than Liz she was twice as colder than Liz was. But her body was beginning to light up with fire a little bit.

'She's trying to keep herself warm.' I thought.

I covered her body with her blanket to help keep her body warm. Then after that I headed downstairs to wait for Sonic to come back with Espio and Tails. And as soon as I entered the living room Sonic arrived back with Espio and Tails.

"Sonic told us everything where are Dez and Liz?" Tails asked.

"Sonic and I laid them do in there room's." I said.

"Ok. I can take it from here guys." Tails said.

With that said Tails left me, Espio, and Faker in the living room. Espio, Faker, and I just sat down in the living room in silence waiting for Tails after he's done check up on Liz and Destiny. Tails came back down a while later from checking up on Liz and Destiny. I was worried about the both of them yes but I did my best to not show any of my emotions. Tails said that they'll be fine, there conditions were getting better by the minute, and that they just needed some rest. So we all waited for the both of them to wake up soon.

1 hour and 30 minutes later....
Time 3:55 p.m.

LIZ'S POV

I groan as pain came to my head. I then heard someone enter the room.

'Wait what am I doing in my room? The last thing I remember was... oh no what have I done!' I thought remembering what Mephlies made me do to my only sister and the only other person I have to even call family.

"Liz?" A deep voice asked.

It was Shadow. My sky blue eye's met with his ruby red one's.

"Shadow? What have I done. Dez will probably hate me for what I've done to her! I... I nearly killed my own sister...." I say with teary eyes.

"Elizabeth she won't hate you. You know that Destiny cares about you. And she surely won't hate you." Shadow said to reassure me, "It was Mephlies who did that to Destiny not you."

"But I allowed that to happen. I allowed him to control me. I allowed him to hurt her. My own sister. I tried to fight him. But I wasn't strong enough. I'm not strong enough to protect my only little sister." I say with a tear coming down my face as I forced myself to sit up in my bed despite the pain in my head.