Chapter 6: Keyblade training

Roxas stared at Nepgear, blinking twice while trying to make sure he heard her correctly. "My bad, I'm having a lil problem hearin what you just said, repeat that again?" said Roxas, shaking his head a little while keeping his eyes focused on the purple haired beauty before him. Nepgear nodded her head yes, gently pulling away from his embrace, keeping her eyes trained on his as she picked up on his unknown slang he used. "Of course I will." said Nepgear keeping her eyes focused on him once again. Nepgear took a step towards Roxas, breathing lightly. "I said, 'Can you teach us how to summon our own keyblades?" Roxas put his hands in his pockets, his eyes darted over to IF who was sitting on the edge of the couch. He looked at Neptune and Compa, seeing they both waited for his answer, and finally they landed back on Nepgear.

Nepgear waited patiently for his answer, she hoped he'd grant her request. "Please?" she added hoping her pleading would reach him. Roxas let out a low sigh, his eyes slightly moved away from Nepgear. "Gear.. it's not that I don't want to teach you guys how to summon your own keyblades...but.." said Roxas pausing for a brief minute or two. Neptune put her hands to bed sides, raising her right eyebrow a little. "But what?" asked Neptune. Roxas looked at Neptune, pulling his hands out of his pockets. "You can't just summon keyblades. You have to let the Keyblade pick you..not many people have them..it's pretty rare to get one actually." he finished his sentence, looking back at Nepgear, wanting to see how she would react to this. Nepgear bit her lip, crossing her arms as she thought about it for a bit.

Compa looked between Neptune, Nepgear, IF and back at Roxas. "Ummm" said Compa raising her hand as she leaned forward a little bit with a smile on her face. "What if he let us use his keyblades? We could take turns!" IF smiled at Compa. "That's actually not a bad idea Compa." said IF looking at Roxas. "Will we be a me to use them then?" said IF, Roxas gave another sigh. "Guys..you can hold them sure but as for fighting with them? That's not possible.." said Roxas shrugging his shoulders a little as he looked at all of them. Neptune blinked a few times as she kept her eyes on Roxas. "How would you know what we could do if you don't let us tryyy?" said Neptune in a whiney voice. Nepgear wasn't having it, she stomped her foot on the ground. "Then train us! If we can't summon them, train us!" said Nepgear repeating herself.

IF just sat there listening to them. Roxas finally caved in and nods. "Fine, I'll train you but I don't expect you to be able to summon them." said Roxas looking back at Nepgear who was smiling widely. Roxas gave a nervous laugh, rubbing the back of his head a bit. Compa put her hands on her hips looking around a little. "If we're all going to try and summon keyblades shouldn't we all go somewhere more roomy?" asked Compa. Histoire pointed up at the ceiling. "May I suggest you all go on the roof and practice there?" asked Histoire. "I'll put up a protective barrier to protect you all from these Heartless." Neptune put her hands behind her head, shrugging slightly. "That's not a bad idea Histy, we'll go there now.." said Neptune walking towards the elevator.

Nepgear, Roxas, IF, and Compa followed Neptune to the elevator. Nepgear pushed the up arrow button. "It won't take long for the elevator to get here." said Nepgear smiling. Roxas wanted to respond but his mind wandered to elsewhere, he nodded to her. Neptune stared at the ceiling, the sound of a 'ding' brought her back to reality. IF went on first, she was followed by Compa, Roxas, Nepgear and finally Neptune. Once they got on they took it to the rooftop and got out. The rooftop had cement flooring with gates going all around the edge of the building. There were also four benches perfectly lined up across from each other. Nepgear looked at everyone, raising her hand. "Who's going first?" asked Nepgear. Roxas looked at each of them, he tapped his chin. His eyes landed on Compa and smiled slyly. "I vote Compa should go first," said Roxas, opening his right hand summoning oath keeper.

Compa took a step back, showing all signs of nervousness. "W-W-What?!" asked Compa shaking her head. "Listen Roxas, I'm a nurse, not a fighter.." said Compa nodding. IF laughed at this. Nepgear giggled "You're kind of a fighter too Compa." said Nepgear. "Sure, go for it!" said Neptune smiling, giving her a thumbs up before she walked over to one of the benches and took a seat. IF looked at Compa, as nervous as the young nurse was, Compa still smiled. "Thanks Nep Nep!" said Compa. "Compa, give it your all." said IF following Neptune. "I will!" said Compa masking two fists in front of her. Nepgear was slightly upset she didn't get a chance to go first, maybe this way she could see how it was done before doing it. Nepgear only smiled and went to go sit down with them. Nepgear wondered if they were the same zodiac.

Roxas clenched Oath Keeper in his hand, he smiled warmly at Compa, she responded by giving a nervous smile as she approached him. Roxas opened his hand for her to grab Oath Keeper. "This here is my trusty Keyblade, Oath Keeper. You all will be using him today." said Roxas as Compa slowly reached out and grabbed his Keyblade. Roxas slowly move his hand back as she clenched it with her right hand. "Don't worry Roxas, I'll be sure to take good care of h-whoa!" screeched Compa as Oath Keeper hit the floor really hard, she clenched both of her hands around it. Roxas gave a nervous laugh while rubbing the back of his head. "Sorry, I forgot to tell you it's.. extremely heavy to use." said Roxas continuing to laugh nervously. Compa tried laughing back nervously. "I-Its okay Roxas." said Compa grunting, she bent down on her knees and lifted Oath Keeper off the ground. IF observed, seeing how Compa wielded Roxas keyblade. She gave a low gruff. IF cupped her hands around her mouth. "Compa, You can do it! Don't let that oversized key drag you down!" said IF. Neptune kicked her legs back and forth, not saying anything as she carefully analyzed the oversized key.

Compa bit her lower lip a little, she closed her eyes and concentrated as she held Oath Keeper. Compa knew IF were right, she clenched it tightly as she held Oath Keeper as she would her syring. Roxas kept his eyes focused on her. "Give it a quick swing Comps." said Roxas smiling as she held it. Compa nodded, trying her best not to talk. She wanted to save her strength, without further words, Compa swung Oath Keeper three times at an invisible foe. "Haa!" said Compa as she swung Oath Keeper vertically. "Kyah!" She swung Oath Keeper horizontally. Compa huffed and puffed, taking a short break before preparing to swing Oath Keeper a third time. "Ha-" she lost her footing and dropped Oath Keeper, Roxas quickly summoned Oath Keeper to him as Compa fell on the ground. IF, Neptune and Nepgear ran over to her. "Compa, are you okay?!' said IF bending down next to Compa. Compa opened her eyes weakly, flipping on her back breathing heavily. "H-how did I do?" asked Compa between breathes. IF smiled brushing Compa's hair out her face. "You did great.. you should rest." said IF. Neptune looked at Roxas as he gave a few light swings with Oath Keeper, he didn't appear to lose any stamina. "What was that?" asked Neptune tilting her head. "Nepgear carried your Keyblades to storage and she didn't get drained. So..why?" finished Neptune. Nepgear looked at Roxas wondering the same thing. "Yeah, why is that?" asked Nepgear running her right hand through her hair. Roxas stopped swinging Oath Keeper and looked at them. "She wasn't using it then. Don't think if you use my keyblades enough you'll be able to use them. It doesn't work that w-" said Roxas stopping.

"Blah blah Blah." said IF cutting him off getting up off the ground with Compa in her arms. "We don't give a damn about the rules. Just give me your fucking Keyblade!" said IF with fire being visible in her eyes, she carried Compa over to one of the benches, being sure to leaned her back against the gate for support. Roxas chuckled at her, clenching Oath Keeper in his hand. IF smiled at Compa, turning back to Roxas the fire fading from her eyes as she made her way to him, stopping six feet away. "Very well Iffy.." said Roxas pulling his hand back and tossed Oath Keeper in the air towards her. "Catch!" He finished.

To be continued….