CHAPTER 35: Found Him

Bakugou's POV:

After three days at sea. I saw something bright green on the beach of a small island.  A closer look reveals that it's Deku.  It looks like he climbed out of the water and was still a mermaid. I got the ship to the shore and ran towards Deku as fast as I could.  Once I got to him. I saw that his fin has started to turn black and get suctioncups like a squid.

"Deku are you okay? come on speak to me damnit!!"

I held his head in my right arm as I laid his body on my lap. He opens his eyes like he's very weak.

"Kacchan is that really you?"

"Yes I'm here for you. "

As he was trying to smile. He whinced in pain again like he had done before.

"Here let's get you in the water.-"

"NO!  If I go back in the water. All For One will keep growing inside of me. Please just let me die and take him with me."

"That bastard is inside of you? But how!?"

"When I broke out of the crystal and started to struggle with his ink consuming me. I was yelling at him and telling him how he's wrong to take all those lives. During that moment he had shot out from the ink. A tiny egg and that's the reason why I could take his quirks away.  He planned on me fighting back. When the egg was inside of me. It found its way to an internnal organ and merged with it. That's why I had all that blood come out before I fell in the water. For days I drifted at sea in pain. When I saw the island.  I felt the pain get worse as I got closer.  So I desided to kill us both in order to prevent his return. "

"I see So that's what happened. "

I picked up Deku and started walking to the ship.

"Kacchan what are you-?"

"Just shut up nerd. Save your strength.  You're gonna need it."

I threw him over my shoulder and climbed up the latter to get onbored.  Then I went below deck and dropped Deku into the fresh water tank. It was just high enough to submerge his body. So Deku's head was above water. The second his tailfin hit the water. A loud hissing and screech came from inside of him. Then Deku starts thrashing around in pain while screaming in agony. I fell to my knees and had my hands on the tank yelling out.

"IT'S OKAY I'M HERE WITH YOU! COME ON YOU CAN BEAT HIM DEKU BECAUSE I BELIEVE IN YOU!!!"

Soon a squid starts climbing out of Deku's mouth and jumps on top of me. It lands on my head. So I grab it's head tightly and yank it off of me and throw it across the room. Then as it was trying to get away.  I threw the knife I carried in my boot at it. The knife hits it dead center of its head killing it instantly.  After that I go check on Deku and see he's asleep.  So I added salt to the water in order to help him out. Unfortunately that means I have two days worth of drinkable water for a four days journey back home. It'll take four days because I'm going against the current and the wind isn't in my favor right now. So I have to rely on a acational gust to blow in the right direction. The water was already rationed out at its lowest amount possible.  So I could look for Deku.