二十三

Taeyong pov

I turn around again and again in my bed, but the sleep seems to be very far from my body. The more I close my eyes, the more I'm awake.
I really want to get out of here, I miss my house. I miss my movie afternoon with Johnny. I miss my parents.
I miss my life.

A knock on my door makes me lift up my head.
«Yes...?»

Jaemin comes inside, his characteristic smile on the face.
«I want to cuddle, I'm not sleepy.»

«Did you escape from your room to ask me to cuddle you? Sweet.»
I stretch my two arms open, inviting him to come closer.

His smile widens as he takes place in the bed against me, letting my arms surrounding him.

«Did you think about what I told you?»
He asks to me.

«Yes, and I think you're right. Completely right.»
I answer, empathizing the 'completely'.

«How do you manage to be mature and reasonable like this at your age?»
I ask him, because as far as I remember, at his age I was all but mature.
I feel like he's almost more mature than me.

«When you have a cancer and you're stuck in a hospital you have the time to become mature and to think about the sense of the life. Facing a cancer is easier with a bit of relativity you know.»
He calmly tells, his head now resting against my shoulder.

I put my hand in his hair.
«You're so strong Jaemin.»

«So you are, Tae'.»
He giggles at the nickname.

«Oh! So you're giving me nickname now?»
I laugh, faking an offense tone. But he gets the joke.

«Excuse me old man, do you prefer 'sir' instead?»

«I'm not that old, disrespectful kid.»
I tousled his hair, making him fidget.

«Stop Tae'!»
Jaemin yells as I start tickling him.

We forgot how late I was until a nurse comes inside my room to gently -not that gently- asks us to be quieter.
Jaemin and I burst in laughter as soon as the nurse go out.
Jaemin is mocking her voice as I grab my belly, hurting at how much I laugh.

I jump when a pillow encounters the back of my head. I fake a shock facial expression before kicking back with the second pillow of my bed.

We were to absorb with our pillow fight to notice that someone was inside of the room until we hear someone clearing his throat loudly.

When I turn back to look at the person I almost faint. Jaehyun is standing here.
Am I having a nightmare?

«Jaemin, you should be asleep. Didn't you look at the time?»
Jaehyun says. I think I never heard him talking this softly.

«I wasn't able to fall asleep, so I come to ask Tae' to cuddle with me but I guess things got a little crazy...»
He explains as we look at the mess we made with our pillow fight.

«Could you go to your room please? I want to have a little talk with Taeyong.»
He asks to Jaemin who just nods his head.

He kisses my cheek before telling a very loud 'goodnight' and heading out of the room.

And now something unlocks inside of my brain. I suddenly remember everything Jaemin told me about his brother. The matching pink hair, the half-sweet half-evil smile.

Jaemin is Jaehyun's younger brother.

I remember how much times Jaehyun came late to school and told he was with his brother. I remember wondering why no one punished him for always being late and why his brother was an excuse for skipping school, but now everything makes more sense.