Chapter 3 : I'm Sorry

I was practically trembling. Yes, shaking. I turned around, finding Kasen's expression rather angry. " Why were you touching her?" He growled, gripping onto my shoulders even more tightly. Alex struggled to find words. You know when you look guilty when you're speechless? Well, it seemed as if he didn't feel an ounce of resent. 

" Did she let you?" He yelled. Alex shrugged his shoulders, glaring at me with his dark eyes. I swallowed nervously, moving closely to Kase. " I said, did she let you?" He screamed. A few drunken people turned around to see what the commotion was about. Alex smirked, not replying. My breathing was uneven and a simple task like standing was difficult. 

Kasen continued to yell at Alex, threatening and using a massive amount of curse words. " Kase." I breathed. He stopped roaring and looked down at me. " You don't look good. " He whispered. Shooting one more death stare at Alex, he held me while weaving through crowds of teens. " Damn Nesaa. Probably drinking somewhere." He mumbled. 

We reached a stairway, Kase looking up at it and then down at me. He let go of me for a second, only to lift me off my feet. He climbed up the stairs, taking a bit of time, but it was okay. I could feel his chest muscles tense up a few times and could tell that he had been going to the gym lately. We reached a room, specifically a bathroom,  and Kasen opened the door, sitting me down on the floor.

He crouched down in front of me, cupping my chin with one hand. " I'm so sorry." He whimpered, eyes all glassy. My eyes fluttered shut for a moment. " My head hurts. " I whined. " I know. " He stuttered, getting up and browsing through the bathroom cabinets. " Fuck, where's the Advil?!" He yelled. He threw random items onto the floor in frustration. 

He threw one more glass bottle and then gave up, breaking down as tears streamed down his smooth face. I could feel my heart drop to my stomach at the sight. My vision was getting a bit less blurry and I swallowed before saying something. "C'mere." I mumbled sweetly. Kasen wiped his cheek with his sleeve and dropped down beside me. 

" I'm sorry Diara...I didn't know." He sobbed. My throat felt tight from hearing his strained voice. "Hey, you're okay." I spoke soothingly. He rested his head onto my chest, soaking my top. " Just let it all out. It's okay." He sniffled a few times and clutched onto my waist. " I feel so weak right now. I shouldn't be crying in front of you." He muttered. 

I played around with Kasen's hair, trying to calm him down. " Who told you crying is not okay? It's fine. Sometimes you need to cry." I assured. He nodded and closed his eyes. " Alex put something in your drink." He said in a hushed tone. I looked down at him. " He told me not to tell you. I think it was to.." He didn't end his sentence. 

" To take advantage of me?" I asked. He slowly nodded. " I'm so sorry. " He mumbled, looking up at me. His eyes were bloodshot and his pink lips were extremely swollen. I took my thumb, swiping over his cheeks. " Don't worry about it. I'm okay." I reassured. He shook his head in disagreement. " You look like shit right now. " He spoke. I giggled and kept my eyes on him. He smiled and for a split second his eyes flickered over to my lips. 

" Something wrong?" I asked cautiously. He returned his gaze to my eyes again and shook his head. " No. Nothing. " He spoke quickly. I nodded my head and closed my eyes. " I feel dizzy. " I muttered under my breath. "Hold me." I mumbled drowsily. He kept his arms around my waist and pulled me into his chest. I inhaled his scent and relished the feeling of the soft fabric of his cotton shirt against my face. 

" Sorry if I get makeup on you." I spoke. He chuckled and gently rubbed small circles on my back. " It's all good." He whispered. I gulped and smiled. Imagine if this was us if we dated. I snapped out of my thoughts. Again, seriously? I needed to get the fact that we were just friends inside my head. I sighed and felt myself sink into his firm torso. 

" Fuck, everything just hurts right now. Feels like I'm dying." I moaned in pain. Kasen was rubbing small circles on my back, and suddenly he was pressing just a bit more. " I'm gonna beat the living shit out of that guy. " He let go of me, standing up and bolting out of the room. I yelled after him. God knows what this boy was capable of. 

He charged through the crowds, looking at every face to find Alex. Soon enough, he spotted him sitting on a chair with a blonde in his lap, giggling and laughing like the drunkards they are. Kasen walked up to him, his fists and jaw clenched. I pulled on his arm, making him lurch towards me. Our lips were centimeters apart, and of course,

I felt like kissing him. 

But I didn't. What was the point? " You need to calm down." I spoke sternly. It wasn't the mad type of stern. It was the type of stern that was for someone's good. Specifically Kase's good. " Didn't you see what he did to you? He can't just get away with it!" Kasen exclaimed. I swallowed and opened my mouth to say something. 

But then I got angry. Really angry. " Look, I know what he did and what he did was wrong. But you can't go around beating everybody up." Kasen ran his fingers through his hair with his free hand. " Diara, he fucking touched you." Kasen's voice was breaking at the ends. My heart softened a bit. But not as much.

" Why do you care so much?" I yelled. " Who the fuck am I?! " I yelled. Tears swam in my eyes. " I'm nothing Kase. So stop worrying about nothing. It's pointless." A tear slid down his cheek. " Why do you care so much. Answer me." I demanded. Tears were now streaming down my face and I could feel my eyes burn. 

He opened his mouth, closed his eyes, took a deep breath and opened his honey glazed orbs again. " Because..." He didn't continue. Instead he stared into my eyes. " Because what?" I questioned. He shook his head. I chuckled sarcastically. " I told you. I'm worth nothing. So don't waste your energy on me." 

Kasen grumbled under his breath and stormed out of the room, going outside into the cold midnight air. 

***

Hello 💛

omfg im kinda proud of this. i dont have much to say rn other than ilysm <3 

Thank you so much for reading!