Chapter 4 : All The Stars In This Universe

" Kase! " He didn't turn around, but kept walking with his head down and his hands in his pockets. I ran faster, trying to catch up with him. I grabbed his forearm, making him face me. Once again, his eyes were bloodshot and his cheeks were red from the cold. " Kasen." I whimpered. He looked horrible. And tired. I didn't like seeing the people I love like this. 

He shook his head, trying to pull away from my arm. I gripped onto him even more tightly. He wasn't going anywhere. " I'm sorry," I spoke in a hushed tone, " I just, I don't even know anymore. " I let go of him, my arms going down to my sides as I let out a few choke out sobs. The cold air stung my bare neck and hands.

I felt a hand on my chin, pulling up my face. Kasen's caramel eyes looked deep into mine, taking in every detail. " You know that I hate it when you get like this, right? " I scrunched my brows together in confusion. " Like what?" I stuttered. He pulled me closer to his body. I could feel myself get nervous. 

Not that he was gonna do anything I wasn't comfortable with. I just got nervous a lot. For stupid things like getting up to hand in a test or ask a teacher a question. " When you tell me your not worth it. " He answered. I swallowed nervously and shook my head. " Seriously, you're worth everything. You're worth more than all the stars in this universe. " 

I sniffled and looked down feeling  embarrassed. He let go of me, and for some reason I felt sad that he wasn't touching me. I liked it how he moved his thumb around on my skin or how warm his hands felt on me. He inclined towards me, looking into my eyes once again. " Tell me you won't ever say you're not worth it again." He demanded.

I nodded and smiled weakly. He help out his slender pinky finger towards me. I giggled and hooked mine's around his. He held onto it tightly, smiling. I couldn't help but notice that the corner of his eyes crinkled together beautifully whenever he smiled or laughed. It made him look happy. 

And that made me happy. 

" And stop crying. You know I hate it." He scolded sweetly, wiping away my tears. I chuckled and blushed. " Man, stop blushing. You look too cute." He whined. I glanced at him, shocked. " You think I'm cute." I asked, raising one eyebrow. His smile faded away a bit and he chuckled nervously. " I mean, yeah. You're nice. I know a ton of boys who like you." He spoke, nodding his head assuringly. 

I smiled carefully, an empty feeling filling my chest. I kind of wanted him to say I was cute as in-

" Holy shit, it's raining." Kasen exclaimed tilting his face towards the sky. I gasped in delight, my arms out to the side as I tilted my head back just like Kase did. Kasen cupped his hands around his mouth, screaming for no reason. I laughed hysterically, pulling my hair back with my hands. 

I looked at Kasen, his hair wet and his shirt stuck to his torso. It happened to be that his shirt was white and the water had made it see through. I could only see bit since his jacket was covering up his stomach.  I looked down at his abdomen, specifically a six pack. I felt my cheeks burn. He gave me a cheesy grin. But then I caught him looking at my chest with red cheeks. 

I then remembered that I was wearing white. I mentally face palmed. What a great way to mess up in front of my guy friend. He walked up to me, taking off his jacket. " Here." He spoke, handing me the item of clothing. I discreetly sighed in relief and put it on. For some reason, it filled me up in warmth. Yes, the temperature type, but also the type where I felt fuzzy on the inside. 

He made me comfortable. Kasen had always made sure that I was okay.  And that made me love him. " Can you give me a piggyback ride?" I asked. He gave me a confused look and chuckled lightly. " You're joking." I rolled my eyes. " I'm damn serious when it comes to my piggyback rides Mr. Brown. " He roared in laughter, looking at me with water dripping down his face. 

"Alright then. Will the passenger get onto their seat? " He said in a monotone voice. I laughed and jumped onto his strong back. " Yes sir!" I yelled. He made a weird engine noise, running around the road. I screamed in delight. He spun and twirled and laughed along with me. " Don't drop me!" I yelled as I felt his grip loosen around the back of my thigh. 

" I won't drop you honey I swear! " He yelled. I stopped laughing. " Honey, huh." I giggled. He was so fucking cute. He laughed nervously, slowing down his pace and walking down the road. " Yeah. I really like that nickname. " He gushed. I smiled, resting my cheek near the crook of his neck. " Me too." I replied. 

" Maybe that should be our new thing? " He requested. I giggled and nodded. " Of course honey." I spoke. He laughed, picking up the pace again. I laughed like a mad man. Sometimes the simplest things made me happy. There was no adulteration in this happiness. Just pure contentedness. " Kase?" I called quietly.

I could hear thunder rumble in the distance. I whimpered in slight fear. " I'm here. You're okay." He soothed. I felt myself relax. " What were you saying?" He questioned. I smiled and prepared myself. " I love you." He stopped walking around and dropped me, turning to face me. He smiled, tilting his head to the side to look at me. 

I smiled bashfully and he laughed at my reaction. " Stop it!" I whined, playfully punching his shoulder. He pulled me into his arms, trying to warm up my cold body. I closed my eyes focusing on his heartbeat and the rain hitting the cool pavement. " I love you too honey." He replied. 

***

Hello 💛

Yooooo this took me forever but its not that bad. Im kinda proud of this book? Next thing u know someone in the comments be like " ew what is this trash " 

story of my life. 

Thank you so much for reading!