Chapter 6 : Hoodies & Cheek Kisses

I closed the book, making a small thud. It wasn't a thick book, but that sound was just satisfying. Kase blowed some air on my crown and wrapped his arms around my neck. " That was good. " He mumbled into my curls. I giggled. Kasen didn't liked reading when I met him. But when he found me book hunting in libraries and reading almost every day, he decided there was nothing to lose in listening to me read. 

He shifted in his spot and hugged my waist. Kase was sitting behind me, while I was sitting in between his legs. It sounded like a couple like thing to do, but I was used to it by now. He only like it when I was reading books to him because he thought that my voice made everything captivating, yet calm. I only liked reading to him because he would laugh at parts, cry at parts with me, and stay silent when it was needed. 

This is why I loved him so much. Sometimes I looked at him and thought about how much I loved him. As friends, of course. " Why isn't Nessa back yet? I'm damn hungry." I grumbled. Kasen chuckled. I turned around and put the book to the side and looked at Kase. I hung my head low again. I knew I looked like shit. However, I could feel his stare on me. 

I glanced up again. " What?" I said. He shook his head. " You're just..." He ran his fingers through his hair. " I'm what?" I whispered. He opened his mouth, but closed it again. " Nevermind." He muttered. Just as I was about to ask him what he was going to say, the door opened. " PIZZA'S HERE! " Nessa yelled. I jumped a bit and Kase had pulled me into his arms, my back against his chest like last time. 

Nessa's smile was wiped off and replaced with a gentle smirk when she saw us sitting together. She looked at Kasen, and then at me. " What are you two up to? " She asked slyly. I had nothing to hide, so I told the truth. " Reading?" I said carefully. Nessa nodded. She set down the box of pizza and sighed. " You won't believe who I saw today!" She said dramatically. 

As Nessa ranted and Kase listened carefully while eating pizza, I sat and stared off into space. Don't get me wrong, Nessa had juicy stories, it's just that my mind was focusing on something else. It felt like someone was here. Someone other than Nessa, Kasen and I. I could feel myself shiver a bit. " Is the window open? " I blurted. They both stopped talking. 

" The windows closed. Even downstairs. " Nessa explained. I sighed and pulled the blanket over my exposed legs. " Are you okay? " Nessa asked. I nodded without thinking. Kase moved from behind me to in front of me. He studies my face carefully. " Kase she's okay. " Nessa mumbled in a curt manner. " No, her hands and arms are really cold. " He said, scrunching his brows together in concern. 

" I'm okay." I said, trying to separate our hands. He got off the bed, opening my closet. " Kase." I whined. " I don't care!" He said sternly, picking a hoodie from his closet. It happened to be black. And it happened to be Kasen's. He stopped in his tracks and looked down at it. I just sat there with my lips parted, preparing an explanation. 

Nessa looked at him and then me continuously like we were some types of aliens. " Is this mine?" He whispered with a stupid smile on his face. I mentally cursed. I didn't say anything. I could feel everybody choke on the pure silence. " Okay, it was when we had a sleepover and we were laying on your lawn and looking at stars and you gave me your hoodie because I was cold and I really liked it so I- " I stopped mid sentence and looked at Kase and Nessa. 

Without any remorse, they started laughing like idiots. Clapping randomly, slapping their knees and even clutching their stomachs. I sat on the corner of the bed, cheeks slightly puffed and my arms crossed across my chest. After wiping away their tears of laughters, Kase walked up to me, the comfy hoodie in his hands. 

" You cute lil' thief." He mumbled with a smile on his face, pulling the time of clothing over my head. The dark material was oversized and smelled just like him. Pretending that I was still mad at him for laughing, I looked away, playing with the duvet. " Honey." He whined. He sat down beside me, He was looking at my side profile while I was looking down. 

I sighed and gave in, diverting my attention to the little puppy sitting beside me. Kasen was indeed like a puppy. Always in need for attention, always running and smiling, and he was adorable. Adorable on another level. We made eye contact and his lips curled into a smile. He quickly leaned in toward my cheek and pecked it. 

I gasped and looked at him with wide eyes. " It was a friendly kiss, for your information. " He spoke in a sassy manner. I giggled and he pulled me into his arms, my face against his firm chest. I swear he was going to get abs someday. Nessa did a little "ahem", signalling us to snap out of it. " I swear to God it's like I'm never here. " She grumbled. 

Me and Kasen looked at each other and smiled. " Get over here." I gushed. She rushed over, plopping onto the bed, along with the box of pizza. Hanging out with Kasen and Nessa made me feel so warm no the inside. The rest of the evening was spent with us eating pizza, laughing and watching The 100. 

And of course, cheek kisses. 

***

Hello 💛

Ngl i dont even watch the 100 its just that i was thinking of that show cuz my friend was talking abt it. anywasy ilyy

Thank you so much for reading!