Chapter 12 : My Girl

" I swear to God it was locked." I said for the millionth time. My mouth was dry and my throat was tight, making it rather hard to speak. Kasen and Nessa eyed each other suspiciously. " Do you not believe me?!" I yelled. Kase sighed. "Look, it's not that I don't believe you..." I cut him off.

"Look, this door was locked too." I spoke frantically. I stumbled over to the bedroom door, wrapping my hand around the doorknob and turning it. This time it opened. I felt my heart skip a few beats. "It's open." Nessa said in a voice that made it sound like I wasn't observing the obvious. 

I opened the door, walking inside. Everything was normal. But it looked neater. A bit more cleaner. My laundry that needed to be folded was perfectly folded and the books that were scattered on the floor were put carefully on the shelf on the exact spot they used to be in. "Wait..." Nessa said slowly.

"Are you seeing what I'm seeing?" She whispered. I nodded, my throat getting drier and drier by the second. Nessa walked around. "I know damn well that Diara doesn't clean her room." I followed behind her and Kasen followed me. His face was a ghostly shade of pale.

"How the fuck." He mumbled under his breath. I circled my room again, inspecting every inch of it. " Did you do something?" Nessa stammered. I wiped my clammy hands on my sweatpants. " No. " I replied simply. I glanced over at my desk. " There's pictures here again." I whispered, picking up the photographs as if they were fragile items. 

This time, there was two of them and they were both taken when I sleeping. I put them down carefully, trying not to further scare myself. I sat down on my bed, my hands on either sides of me, flat on the mattress. Kasen sat down beside me, Nessa on the other side. I hung my head low. " You guys don't even understand how scared I am." I shivered. 

There was a moment of silence. " What do you think's happening?" Nessa asked carefully. I shook my head. " No clue." I confessed. She sighed. " Kase?" She prompted. I felt him shift in his spot. " Can I say what I think?" He said in a small voice. I nodded sheepishly. He took a deep breath in. " I think it's something beyond our understanding." He stated. 

I furrowed my brows together. " Like what?" I asked. He bit his bottom lip in apprehension. " You don't have to be scared." I said in a hushed voice. He inhaled deeply again and nodded. " I think it's something supernatural." He said quickly. I felt my stomach churn in a weird manner. " So... Spirits and stuff?" I added. He took a minute to reply. " Yeah." He said. 

Nessa chuckled. " You guys are kidding?" She muttered. He looked over at her. " What could be the other reason?" He shot. Nessa shrugged her shoulders and snickered. " A serial killer?" She said. Kase huffed. " Can we not be so sarcastic right now. This is about Diara." He snapped. I felt myself tense up. The room was once again drowned in silence. 

" Do you have any other points?" Kasen asked. Nessa didn't reply. " Stop being such a know-it-all. It's just a few photographs we're talking about. " She muttered curtly. Kasen balled his hands up into fists. I looked him in the eye, draping my small hand over his. He released his bunched up fists and relaxed his palms and fingers. 

" All I'm saying is we should do some research. Talk to someone who supposedly might know about this." He explained. I thought about it. Kase wasn't wrong. It wouldn't hurt to read a few articles or ask a few people to give us some advice. " We could try. " I recommended. She shrugged her shoulders. " I guess." She responded. 

" You don't even have to do it. You can find out about the history of this place?" He suggested. She cracked a small grin. " What about serial killers?" She raved. Kasen rolled his eyes. " Okay." He gave in. I chuckled, burying my face in his shoulder. Nessa looked at us with a smirk. " You guys are cute." She breathed. 

I slapped her arm playfully, shushing her quickly. Kasen looked at me with a flushed face. I squeezed his cheek and gave his nose a little peck. He gasped and tackled me onto the bed, pinning my wrists on either side of me. I pulled myself out of his grasp. " Stop acting like a couple." Nessa whined sarcastically. I rolled my eyes. 

Kase hugged my waist from behind me. " But she's my girl. " He defended. Me and Nessa both gasped. Her eyes were wide and my cheeks were burning. I twisted in his hold and faced him. " I'm your girl?" I asked. It took all my might to not stutter and falter. He smiled shyly and pecked both of my cheeks. " Yeah you are." He said. 

I peeled his arms off of my waist, standing up and cupping his cheeks. " Since when am I your girl?" I questioned. He grinned from ear to ear. " Since forever." He mumbled. I tried my best not blush. " Well, your girls going downstairs to watch some television and drink some tea." I said, sass lacing my voice. He chuckled, running after me. 

Nessa was already downstairs, so Kasen and I were the only people acting like children. He lifted me off of my feet, spinning me around while my arms were hanging around his neck for dear life. He put me down gently, brushing a few tots of hair out of my face. He smiled, looked down at his feet, and then at me again, pecking my forehead. 

" My girl." 

***

Hello 💛

uhm i need a kasen in my life-

Thank you so much for reading!