‖𝟶𝟷𝟷‖ 𝚂𝙷𝙰𝙳𝚈 [☓] 𝙲𝙻Ø𝚆𝙽

_______❭❱❭✕╳✕❬❰❬_______

_______❭✕╳✕❬❰_______

"Which of the other nine applicants are you keeping an eye on?"

"Which of the other nine applicants would you least want to fight?"

Those were the two main questions Chairman Netero wanted answers to in his interview. All remaining applicants are to participate, which was something Yuna found very unfortunate. Because she wasn't the kind of person to go up and be comfortable to talk to a stranger. Chairman or not.

Nevertheless, it wasn't like she had a say in that, so she went along with it. Partially blaming Killua for making her pass the Fourth Phase, because otherwise she wouldn't be in this situation.

I should've listened to my own self when I got the feeling I would pass if I stuck around with him back then... Damn you Yuna.

The girl silently cursed at herself as she entered the room, seeing the Chairman waiting for her on the other side of the table. "Well, have a seat." He stated out. "I'll just be asking a few questions to satisfy my curiosity." He took the note pad from above the table, readying the brush to write in it as she silently took her seat.

"First, why do you want to become a hunter?" The old man asked, already having a feeling that the blue-eyed girl wasn't going to be asking any questions unlike the applicants before her. From her light steps to her breathing, she kept it all completely silent. He assumed the same goes to her voice, which he never had the chance to hear since the start of the exam.

As for Yuna, she was feeling conflicted at the very first question he asked. It wasn't like she wanted to become a hunter after all. "I... never wanted to become one." She murmured out, eyeing the hands on her lap distractedly.

"Oh?" Netero rose a single brow. "I'm going to assume they forced you into taking the exam then?" His question instantly had her head snapping over to him, eyes wide and jaws lose.

Shocked would be an understatement. Since for the first time she'd been outside, she had found the first person who knew of her origin. Her existence wasn't something a lot of people were aware of—she knew that well. She can easily name the number of people who knew—or that was what she thought until now.

She let her head drop, form completely tense. Her aura spiked instinctively, and she instantly considered Netero as a danger. "How do you know that?"

He's the Chairman of the hunter association, and he knows my situation... So, why am I still in their custody?

That was her first thought, before she realized something. Just like that, everything deflated quickly. Her aura, the tense muscles, and the anger—everything deflated like it was never there, a simple illusion.

Right... there's no difference no matter how strong my savior is going to be... there's just simply no escape for me...

Some Nen abilities... are just that dangerous...