Looking Back

"WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING EREN YEAGER!" Eren's face was filled with fear as he heard his full name come out his father's mouth. Whenever his parents would scold and moan at him, for some unknown reason that Eren couldn't figure out was when they would refer him with his full name.

"A group of boys were throwing rocks at the girl, I had to help her!" In his mind helping and protecting people was a good thing. So why is his father mad at him for all of a sudden? Understanding where his son was coming from, the doctor pointed out a few points that Eren would might note in his head.

" Who knows Eren, they could return with more hatred to the girl and do more horrible acts. And if they do, it's because of you." Eren's eyes were now widened as he came to the realization. He never thought about the consequence and it was most likely because of his belief on justice that clouded him to do those stupid things.

"Helping someone is good. But please be careful Eren ,this world is cruel and anything can happen." Comforting his son, he lifted his hand so that his right hand was hovering above his head. Patting him to make him feel more at ease.

" I wanna help that girl carry those sticks back to her home, she said that we're friends." An adorable smile formed on his face, wanting to stay with Historia for a bit longer, even if it was for a minute.

" Do what you must, though I expect you to stay on my radar and I am only giving you 15 minutes or so, okay?" He turned his back on his son, giving him the permission to spend time with his new 'friend'. Quite frankly, he was joyful that he knew his son was able to make friends with other people.

The Reiss Chapel is close by.

_______________________________

" You know that you're a-actually my first friend?" Turning his eyes to her meet hers, she was smiling as her hair blew from the effects of the wind.

" Well your welcome I guess. Now that I think about it you are my second" Giggling, she continued strolling at the direction of her household. On the other hand, she wasn't alone , she had her first friend. Eren Yeager.

"What is your friend like Eren?" Not wanting to give a unsatisfying answer, Eren told her everything he knew about Armin. Information such as his favourite book, hobbies, where he lives , colours he liked and even what food he enjoyed when they were able to pay and vice versa with him. Meanwhile, Historia was awing as Eren was spewing what he knew about her supposed 'look alike' though she wondered how they knew so much about each other.

" How come you know so much about each other?" Historia questioned, pushing her face close to his as they were getting closer to her house, she wanted to know how they were able to uncover about each other so much.

"W-Well friends tend to hang out with each other, s-so it would make sense for one to know about a person who you talk with" He stuttered as he retracted his head, turning away as he refused to show his flustered face besides his parents. He would never share it with anyone, especially that drunkard Hannes.

"So what you're saying is that in time, i'll get to know more about you and you with me" Historia blurted with her glimmering eyes reflected from the rays of the sun.

"Yeah but if we're gonna be friends you need to promise me one thing okay?" As they were reaching their destination, he wanted to keep their conversation short so that next time they would meet , they would be able to learn about one another rather then continuing with the basics.

" Of course Eren I promise!"

"Th-Thanks"

He was now flushed and felt nervous with how she was so happy all because of him. What would happen if I were to never meet her again. Then the boys would pick on her and I wouldn't be there like a friend should always do. His thoughts were interrupted as the sound of neighs were heard, they were at Historia's house. It didn't look that big nor small either, if he had to guess, perhaps three or four people lived with her,Historia included. It had a similair build to the building he saw not too long ago, made of wood as the front porch was marked off with wooden fences.

"Well it seems your times up Eren, your dad is waiting."

" Thanks for the heads up"

" I really enjoyed your company, when will you come again?"

"Maybe in a week , when my dad is called for an appointment"

It was then he saw her smile ,she kept for most of their walk, was dissapearing and formed a frown one of displeasure. Worried, he held her shoulders with both hands to ease her, just as his father did to him. He then witnessed her smile return, but with more joy and happiness behind it.

"Thanks Eren."

"Its alright... It's what friends do" Historia eye's were in shock, was comforting another friend part of having one? If so she was glad she had Eren as her friend.

"Bye I guess." Historia was indeed a bit downed, however with Eren as her friend she wasn't scared anymore.

"Until next time" He rotated his body so that it was facing his father, running to him as the horse was now released from its lead.

"Bye Eren!"  His head darted at her, recieving smile and wave from the young girl, he waved back yelling his farewell to Historia.

"Does my boy have a crush?" The doctor smirked, seeing an embarrassed expression worn on his face, opening the door to the carriage for his son.

"Sh-Shut up!"