Misinterpretation

Few minutes after the kiss

"So how was it, you lucky bastard?"

"What was it like?"

"Did it feel good?"

"Why did she pick you? I don't get it."

The boys surrounded themselves around Eren as he ignored their questions which he didn't want to give an answer to.

"Guys please cut it out and eat your food. It's giving me a headache." He finally said as the boys sat there quietly getting back to their food. Meanwhile Jean wouldn't stand for this.

"Oi Oi Oi. Your not getting away until you answer us." The other boys nodded their heads simultaneously.

"First of all are you in some relationship with Krista? Is that why she chose you?" They nodded their heads once again. Picking up his spoon from the bowl he sat there patiently digging in to his food.

"Do you think I have a chance to get with Krista?" The boys nodded their heads horizontally, disagreeing with him.

"HEY you were supposed to say yes for that one dammit!" Jean rudely bellowed at them. Few seconds later the boys got out a list of reasons called 'Why Jean Will Never Have A Girlfriend'. Proudly written by Connie and Sasha themselves.

While the fuss piled up, Eren got his bowl and spoon and went away to stack them near the tray. 'Marco is cleaning these today isn't he?' he thought. In silence Eren left the dinner hall, he was able to hear the loud commotions coming from there. ' They're really noisy aren't they? Wheres the instructor?' From the corner of his eyes he saw a tall, looming figure approaching the dinner hall. ' Ah there he is'.

_______________________________

Present

The two soldiers felt heat slowly rising up to their cheeks, both refusing to make eye contact thus they want to feel even more embarrassed.

" I guess you want to talk about what happened yesterday?" Eren said going straight to the point. He knew that they were going to talk about the kiss sooner or later, but he really wished it wasn't this awkward. Even with Mikasa it was less awkward. 'At least she talked with Historia first'

Krista nodded kicking stones with her feet nervously as her bangs covered her face. There was an awkward silence before Eren decided to speak up.

"I guess you chose me because we've known each other for a long time?"

"I guess you could say that." She replied back.  As the sun began to set Eren walked closely to her, his arms spread out like a birds wing. He closed them soon enough engulfing her in a tight but warm hug. Krista felt her straighten up in shock, her arms hugging him back. 'I've hadn't hugged Eren for so long' She thought.

"We haven't done this in a long time don't you think?" She giggled as Eren tried escaping her grasp before she tightned her grip even more.
It wasn't long after she would let go after him before noticing how short she was compared to him.

"Urgh. It's not fair that you're taller then I am." She complained jokingly as they giggled underneath their breath.

Wow she really is short...

"Well one day you might get as tall as me, the secret is to eat veget-OW!" Krista kicked him hard in the knee, which felt better after his insult whether he was serious or not.

"Im not a child you know!" Her arms crossed clearly annoyed with her friend.

"We're fourteen Historia." He muttered her real name so that only the two of them could hear. When was the last time he called Historia by her real name? He thought.

"Exactly so don't treat me as it you're older... Actually i'm older than you by a few months."

"Then why are you so short?" he barked back with a sly grin on his face.

"My parents were short, so of course i'd be too! How do you not know that! Aren't you a son of a doctor?" Eren stayed silent for a minute, thinking about the last time he saw his father. It was because of him I met Historia all those years ago. He reminisced in his mind. Where is he now? I haven't seem him for so long, I don't even know where he is.

"I've missed this you know." He spoke with a soft tone.

"Eh? Missed what?" Historia questioned.

"When we were younger. We always used to bicker about each other but stayed as friends." His tone stayed the same as Historia let him continue. "Back then you were loud, annoying, selfish and honest, when you talk to other people. You always talk with a fake smile and fake attitude, but when you're with me you act just the way I remember you."

Krista. No. Historia remembered the special memories she had with Eren when they first met. She began to notice what he had said too and it didn't sit well with her. But even so she couldn't help but do so. To her she felt that only Eren would like Historia's true personality  and if that she stopped being the fake Krista, people wouldn't like her as much or stop caring for her. I mean who would like a selfish girl when you could have a girl whose selfless and cares about other people's wellbeing.

Historia knew that no matter how long or well used with Krista Lenz's persona. She wouldn't be properly happy with being Historia Reiss. She was glad that she had Eren for that, sometimes Ymir too.

"Thank you Eren. Out of you and Ymir, you probably understand me the most. Maybe because we've known each other for a long time or maybe because that's just the type of person you are. Im really glad I know you." They both smiled as the sun finally retreated and the moon rise.

_______________________________

Unbeknownst to the pair, a short man with a wild imagination eavesdropped into their conversation.

Connie's version of Krista's speech.

"Thank you Eren. Out of you and Ymir I want to be with you, Eren you understand and know me the most. Maybe because we've had feelings for each other for a long time but was too stubborn to admit them. I'm really happy that I love you".

_______________________________

Well there is a new chapter. Sorry for not updating, its hard to write without motivation and ideas. Might update again. Byee!