Intertwining

She followed her grandparents to a refugee camp, those affected by the breach had no choice but to accommodate with the unfortunate others . Historia's grandparents had no means or methods to earn money, with her mother killed and father abandoning her. Their options were limited and the refuge camp was the only way to solve their situation and food problems. It seemed a great idea, however the thought dawned her and knew there were thousands who also needed help. For the first time in her life, she began to feel an aching pain inside her body, hunger was now affecting her. Her grandmother was told to stay with Historia while her husband would go and collect their rations which would last for only a day. This would take time getting used to.
_______________________________

Year 845                                                   3.1.45
Wall Maria
Refuge Camp

"Why did you just stand there and apologize to them!" Due to Eren's short temper, an argument between him and the garrison soldiers broke out. Being the irrational kid he is, he talked and shouted back at them causing a disagreement filled with immaturity. Thanks to Armin's help and advice, Eren was able to escape with some dignity and pride left with him.

"Look we have no choice, they're bigger and stronger then us." He didn't give a damn whether or not there was a difference in their height or strength, Eren just wanted to give them a piece of his mind.

"Eat Eren" Shoving a load of bread down the boys throat, Mikasa refused to let Eren starve to death being the overprotective sister she is.
Eren's tears slowly teared down his face, he hated it. He hated being weak. He hated it.

Out of no where, a petite, blonde appeared in his vision running to his side. It was Historia, a friend of his and probably his last now that he thought about it. Well he did struggle to make friends.

"EREN!" She left her grandmother alone, with her aged body, chasing after their granddaughter would prove to be a challenge. Though she knew with her grandfather, she will be alright. Eren stood up with his bread now in his hands, his friend that were with him questioned him with an astonished expression. Cheerfully, Historia jumped into his arms hugging him tightly not letting go. Armin let out a chuckle, while the brunet's adoptive sister was wearing a mask of a killer behind her scarf. In a rush,Mikasa separated them looking at Historia with disgust.

"I'm a friend of Eren's! I promise!" Not leaving her sight on the blonde, Mikasa questioned Eren, wanting clarification.

"Y-Yeah she is" With that, she stood out the way and lowered her arms, indicating that she was finally alright with the newcomer. Though she still held a grudge of jealousy and annoyance with her from that hug, they seemed to enjoy together.

"Sorry about that. It's just that Mikasa here is very protective for her brother." Quickly,Armin apologized to Historia regarding the asian's girl behavior.

"And you're Armin right?" Said blonde blinked in shock, he doesn't recall meeting or even introducing himself to Historia.

"Eren's told me about you and my name is Historia." She attempted to hug Armin as sign of wanting to be friends. Pressured, he backed away from her. A sad look was now on her face, her head was now looking downwitb dread.

"Hug her Armin, she really likes hugs." Her faced brightened when the voice she heard spoke. Brightening even more, Armin now was reluctant enough to embrace her as his friend convinced him. It didn't last long, she was okay with it. She's okay with it because there was another who she could hug again, her eyes fell on Mikasa. Mikasa wasn't scared or anything, it was just the anxiety she was having right now. Nonetheless, Historia wrapped her arms together, around her waist leaving room and space for her do the same.Slowly but surely, she eventually built enough courage to do rhe same. It was awkward, but they both felt joyful.

"Historia!Come back here right now!" Her focus was now on her grandparents reaching out for her. Cheerfully, Historia embraced the both of them tightly making it hard for them to breathe.

"N-Nice to meet you young c-chaps" Her grandpa introduced himself to the little children, while his wife shot them a small wave with her right hand. It was a struggle to talk when a young, hugging addict was squeezing the life out of you. After a while, she released them from her grasp allowing the elders to catch their breath.

"Please refrain from going anywhere out of sight, it is very dangerous around here." Her grandmother scolded her reckless behaviour. Twiddling her fingers, she muttered an apology which her grandmother happily accepted.

"These are my friends!" The couple looked at the bunch and it seemed a very nice group of people, then they saw Eren with a fierce look in his eyes. Every visit Doctor Yeager and his son would visit, Eren would consistently play or talk with Historia. Each time they looked at him without cold eyes and knew he was a good kid, despite his temper. They could only imagine that the worst must have happened to him, something he most likely wouldn't want to repeat or relive again.

"Where will you three kids be sleeping?" Asked Historia's concerned grandmother.

"We'll be sleeping inside the shelter, kids are automatically allowed entrance inside." The blonde eyed young boy explained. This answer was able to satisfy her as she pulled her arms to her chest.

"Well we and Historia will be on our way." This was able to set off a reaction from the hug addict.

"Please can I stay?" She begged holding their arms as hard as she possibly could.

"Just say your goodbyes and ask when to meet again, okay?" She nodded joyfully. With a sense of happiness rushing through her body, she made haste to intertwine with Eren and her new friends.

"When can I meet you again?" Historia questioned at them, the trio looked at each other before nodding their heads up and down.

"Well we will be joining the military so if you wanna see us you're gonna have to enlist." Although the time they would 'eventually' met again would mean joining the army, she didn't care, but was curious as to why.

"I don't mind, but why are you joining the army?" She yet again asked. They were silent waiting for Eren to answer.

"Because I will kill all the titans!" He exclaimed with his fist clutched and grinning like a madman. Historia thought it was weird, why would you want to kill something. She didn't care, all she wanted was to be with her friends. With a swift decision, her heart was beating rapidly and the sound of her chest pumping could be heard.

"I'll join the military!"