The Field Trip (Part 1)

Okay so this is going to be rough, but please bare with me. Sorry for starting with the most basic Irondad fic. If I make a mistake point it out and I will fix it. This takes place in the middle of Spider-man: Homecoming so yeah. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Peter was sitting in chemistry like he is on any other Wednesday afternoon and since he had gotten his suit taken away he had been paying attention a lot more. He was no longer zoning out waiting for the moment he could go out patrolling or being so sleep deprived he couldn't keep his eyes open long enough to even listen to Ned talk about his new Star Wars lego set.

The bell was about to ring when Peter's teacher, Mr. Harrington, tried to get the classes attention, " So class" He said in a loud voice, " as you know we always have a field trip sometime in the year and this years field trip is coming a little sooner than usual." He now had all the students attention because they always loved being able to get out of school for a day. " Well, I am happy to inform you that this years field trip is going to be to the Avengers Tower!!" All the students started chattering loudly while Peter just had a shocked look on his face.

Ever since he got his suit taken away he hadn't talked to Mr.Stark because he felt like he was either a burden or a disappointment to him. He knew Mr.Stark cared about him and that's why he took his suit away, but he couldn't help but still be upset about it. He was pulled out of his thoughts when Flash decided it was a good time to mock him, " Hey Penis," He yelled to him, " are you worried that Tony Stark will kick you out when he finds out you have been lying about having an internship there?" Great just what Peter needed. " Leave him alone" Ned said looking over at Flash. " Oh yeah, are you going to make me?" Just as Ned was about to respond the bell rang and everyone was hurrying to leave the class and tell their friends.

"Hey dude you alright?" Ned asked as him and Peter got to their lockers. " Yeah I'm good. Just haven't talked to Mr.Stark since the incident." He said grabbing his things out of his locker and quickly shutting it. " Oh yeah, maybe you should just talk to him." Ned tried to tell his friend, but it was no use Peter would never talk to Mr.Stark until he was reached out to. " It's alright, I'll ask May what to do." At that peter parted ways with Ned and walked home.

When he got home he was surprised to see May home from work early. " Hey May" Peter said when he walked through the door. " Hey sweetie, what would you like for dinner?" She said turning to face him and give him a sweet smile. " I'm good with anything, I chose last night, I think it is your turn." With that he left to his room to figure out how to bring up the conversation at dinner.

They ended up having spaghetti for dinner and once it was served they sat down at the table. "So, Peter, what's up? You seem more down today than usual." She asked with gentle eyes. " Just, well..... uhhhh. My class is going on a trip to the Avengers Tower before they move upstate to the compound and you know since me and Mr.Stark had that kind of fight I haven't really talked to him. I don't really know if he is mad at me or what, but I'm just nervous." Peter tried to stop himself before he rambled on too much. "Peter, just talk to him, I'm sure he'd love to get a text or even a phone call from you." May said trying to reassure him. "I'm sure he larbs you" She added which made Peter laugh and relax slightly .

Right before Peter went to his first class the next day he took out his phone and texted Mr.Stark. It was basically his last chance because the field trip was on Friday which was tomorrow. After procrastinating it for as long as possible he hit send.

Peter Parker: Hey, I just wanted to say that I know I messed up, but I'm going to be on a field trip to the tower tomorrow and I don't want you mad at me or surprised that I'm there. Just a heads up.

Peter realized that Mr.Stark probably didn't have his number saved so he added,

Peter Parker: It's Peter BTW

Peter Parker: Parker

At that he turned off his phone and headed into his first class. He would check his phone again at the end of the day.

(Time Skip)

As soon as Peter got everything out of his locker and said goodbye to Ned he grabbed his phone out and checked it. He had two text notifications.

May: Hey I hope you texted Tony.

May: Also I'm going to be home late today so don't forget to eat.

To say Peter was disappointed was an understatement. He wasn't upset May had texted him, just upset that he reached out to Mr.Stark and never heard anything back. On his way home he felt his phone vibrate, but didn't bother checking it. He just let his music continue to play as he still had 15 minutes till he was home. Little did he know what that notification was.

Tony Stark: Hey kiddo I'm coming over to talk. Be there in 5.

When Peter got home and saw the door unlocked he was concerned, but his spider sense wasn't going off so he didn't worry to much about it. He walked in still listening to his music and grabbed a soda from the fridge. When he turned around he definitely wasn't expecting what he saw.

"Leave me waiting long kid? I've been here for ten minutes" Mr.Stark said with a smirk. " Oh, ummm, I-I didn-t know you were coming." Peter managed to stutter out. " I sent you a text kid. Come sit" He said and patted the spot next to him. " We need to talk."

Hey, so when I finished that I was at 1048 words so I thought I would cut it into two maybe three parts sooooo, I'm sorry about that, but I'm about to start writing part two right now. Hope you enjoyed :)

Word count:1048