The Field Trip (Part 3)

Alright we are going to hope that this is the last part of this story. Sorry about all the parts I just wanted to make a good story. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Marissa stepped off of the elevator and let the students finish piling out before she continued walking. "Alright, so in here you can see what most of the lower interns are doing right now. Most of them are working on projects that are due next week while others are working on projects to show Mr.Stark next month for his next project." The student looked in awe at how hard everyone there was working. While it was hectic it was organized chaos to them.

Marissa had them follow her into a room to get out of the way of the busy interns. "So, we have out first activity for the day in here. As you can see there are boxes of parts sitting over here and we are going to randomly assign you partners and you are going to build a functioning mini robot." She said as she showed them the work tables around them. "Thanks to your teacher I was given the names in advanced and have already paired you off." She said smiling over at Mr.Harrington who waved at the kids. When Ned and MJ were paired off together Peter was getting anxious, but instead he was paired off with a very pretty and nice girl named Kym.

He had never talked to Kym, but he knew she always got the best scores on their science tests. "Hey, I'm Peter" He said as he walked over to her and his work station. She waved at him, "Hi I'm Kym. I actually have a really cool idea I'd like to try with our robot if you are okay with that." He shook his head excitedly and she started telling him the idea that she had for their robot. 

After 30 minutes they presented their robots, and well, if were being honest the only robot that could compete with theirs was Ned and MJ's and that was a far second. Kym had the idea to not only to get it to walk, but also jump and dance. In the time they were given they did the best they could, plus Kym had some pretty great design skills. (Would you guys like to see Kym join  the friend group?) They highfived each other and went off their separate ways.

The rest of the tour wasn't that exciting because nothing really happened. A few interns who knew Peter could help them finish their projects really quickly pulled him to the side. Every time a new person pulled Peter to the said less and less people looked at him and he was finally getting more comfortable being there with everyone. He worked hard and the others noticed that, at the end of the day just before they were going to leave the got a surprise visit from the Tony Stark. When he walked in Peter could hear gasps coming from behind him, so obviously he turned around so that he could see what was happening.

"Hey Pete, can you come here for a sec." He yelled over the chattering around him. Peter looked down at his shoes so that he didn't have to make eye contact with any of them. Mr.Stark pulled him to the side and said " Hey kid I texted May, she said you could stay if you wanted. We have a lot of catching up to do since ya know..." He didn't want to exactly bring up the whole situation and was pretty sure Peter would get the idea of what he was trying to say. "Yeah I would love to, but you'll probably have to talk to my teacher about that." Peter responded with a huge smile on his face.

Mr.Harrington ended up saying that he could say so he walked down with Mr.Stark and said goodbye to his class. "So Pete, what do you want to do." Peter looked down at his shoes. He knew what he wanted to do, but he didn't necessarily want to tell Mr.Stark about it. Tony knew exactly what he wanted to do so he coughed and then said "Star Wars marathon?" Peter immediately perked up and said "Last one to the penthouse has to get the snacks!" He immediately started running and took the elevator. Before Tony could even acknowledge what he said he was gone, now he had the option of taking the stairs or waiting for the elevator to come back. He decided to wait. While he stood there he thought "Wow this kid is going to be the death of me." He still smiled fondly at the thought. 

When he got up to the penthouse Peter was sitting there waiting for him snuggled up in a blanket. Next to him was a blanket for Tony and a pillow because he knew Tony hadn't slept in a few nights. "Kid how did you get everything so fast?" He asked genuinely confused by this." Super speed duh genius." He said with a bit of mock in his voice. Tony rolled his eyes and went into the kitchen to get the popcorn and licorice. When he came back his blanket was unfolded and Peter was ready to start. 

That's how they spent the rest of the night. Tony fell asleep half way through the second movie, but Peter didn't mind, he knew he needed it. He did bring the pillow after all. He laughed at the thought of Tony actually using it when he grabbed it, but looked like it came in handy huh? Peter was very happy to be back with his mentor, he didn't know what he was going to do without him. 

While Tony was asleep he may or may not have stolen his Spider-man suit back. Ya know just for back up in case someone got into trouble. Little did he know Tony knew he was going to do that and left it in an easily accessible place to grab it from. He was also awake when Peter grabbed it, but he wasn't going to stop him, the kid deserved it.

Alright so I know it wasn't very much irondad or spiderson, but I did pass this about half way through homecoming so you can't really blame me. They didn't necessarily have that relationship at that time. I promise there will be more fluffy irondad in my next ones. Also really let me know if you want Kym to be a character, if so I have some ideas for her! :)

Word count: 1026