Grandfather

Hey guys, I wanted to write this earlier, but I got really tired and had a rough weekend. Also I've decided I'm going to try and write every weekday, but sometimes Friday's might not happen. Alright that's it enjoy the story. :)

Requested by: lamming19

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today was a weird day for Peter, first he woke up late and wasn't late for school somehow, Flash wasn't being mean to him, and during his family tree project he found out his grandfather was Captain America. You know just Captain America, the rogue Avenger who defied the law and decided to hurt Tony. Yeah, he knew about that and he wasn't going to forget about it either. 

Meanwhile Steve had known about Peter for awhile. When he was digging in his past and going through files he found on about Peter. Little did he know though that that kid was super close to Tony. 

He still regretted everything that happened in the bunker, but Bucky meant everything to him and he finally had him back so what was he supposed to do, forget his best friend since forever or do what he could. He wasn't trying to kill Tony, just disable his suit long enough for them to leave.  

Anyway he wanted to meet Peter, so one day he reached out, it just so happened to be the same day that Peter found out that Steve was his grandfather. 

When Peter received the message he didn't know what to do, he of course wanted to meet his only other blood relative alive other than May, but he also hurt Tony and Tony had become a huge part of his life. He decided that when he went to the tower that day that he would talk to Tony about it. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After school when Happy picked Peter up he was more quiet than usual, he was never quiet, so Happy asked him if anything was wrong. "No, just something I need to talk to Mr.Stark about and I don't know how he is going to take it." Peter replied looking down at his phone. Happy seemed okay enough with that answer and left the kid alone for the rest of the ride. 

Peter walked into the building and greeted FRIDAY before stepping into the elevator and going to Mr. Stark. When he got onto the floor that Tony was on he was surprised that it wasn't the lab. He stepped into the common room on the Avengers floor and walked over to the couch where Tony was. "Hey Mr. Stark, why are we up here today?" Peter questioned. "Oh, just wanted to get out of the lab for a little, plus I decided I'd do some reading while I waited for you." He replied with a small smirk. "Alright." Peter said giving him a smile back, "Alright Underoos lets head down and work on your suit.

With that they went to the elevator and headed down. There was a comfortable silence between them, well at least it was comfortable for Tony, Peter couldn't stop thinking about everything that could happen when he told Mr.Stark about Steve, but he knew he had to do it. He didn't know how to make the decision himself. 

After an hour working in the lab Peter finally found the courage to talk to him about it. "Hey Mr. Stark?" "Yeah what's up kiddo?" Tony responded back to Peter. "Well, today we did this family tree thing in my history class and I found something out and then something weird happened and now I'm not sure what to do about it. I don't want you to be mad at me because I can't really help what happened, but you know I thought I sho-" Peter was rambling on, but Tony quickly cut him off, "Kid just tell me what it is, I can't be mad about who your ancestors are.". "Steve is my grandfather." Peter said in the quietest voice Tony had ever heard, I mean he barely heard it if that explains anything. "Kid, I'm going to need you to say that again." Tony said looking at him with soft eyes, "Steve is my grandfather." Peter repeated. 

This took Tony back and he just stood their for a minute not knowing what to do about what he just said. How could someone like Steve have children who made Peter, the most sweet and caring person he had ever met. "Kid, it's okay I'm not mad at you, but you said that something weird happened after this and that you don't know what to do about it. What is it?" Tony questioned Peter waiting for the kid to just tell him.

It took Peter a minute, but he finally said, "Steve texted me today and said he wanted to meet me, but I'm not sure I want to meet him because of what he did to you and I don't know how I can forgive him for that. Plus he's still a criminal." Peter said as he looked Tony in the eyes looking for any hint of emotion. "Kid, I can't tell you what to do. This is your grandfather, a blood relative, and I know that it would mean a lot to you if you could meet him, but if you do don't do it here at the tower alright?" He asked Peter with sadness in his eyes. 

This helped Peter make up his mind of whether or not he wanted to meet Steve, "I don't want to meet him, he hurt you so much and even if he is a blood relative we have a stronger bond then me and him might ever have." Peter said and went up to Tony. Tony wrapped his arms around the kid and kissed the top of his head. "You mean a lot to me Peter, you know that?" "I do now." Peter responded and Tony could feel him smiling in the hug. "Do you want me to be the one to tell Steve no? I'm sure it would be better." Tony asked him as he pulled away from the hug. "Yeah I'd appreciate that a lot actually." Peter responded as he walked back over to his suit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Peter left that night Tony grabbed the note and the phone that he thought he would never use and dialed the only number saved on it. 

As it rung he got more and more impatient, Steve said he would pick up whenever he called this number. After the fifth ring the other end picked up.

"Hey Tony, what's up?" Steve said in the most nonchalant tone. "I just wanted to tell you that Peter knows what happened in the bunker and says he can't forgive you for leaving me stranded there. He said he doesn't want to meet you because of this and he didn't want to tell you because he felt bad, but he's a sweet kid. So, I'm telling you, telling you to leave my kid alone and let him live his life. Maybe when you're not a criminal I'll let you meet the amazing kid." Tony said and immediately hung up the phone happy with what he said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alright sorry if it wasn't the greatest, I really like it, but I understand everyone has opinions, but leave suggestions or ways to make it better. :)

Word Count: 1191