Chapter 8

Brooklynne was lying unconscious on the ground of the basement of the church, in the wired cage where Sookie, Hugo and herself had been locked in for a couple of hours

Brooklynne was lying unconscious on the ground of the basement of the church, in the wired cage where Sookie, Hugo and herself had been locked in for a couple of hours. Her hands were tied painfully behind her back and a piece of tape was covering her mouth. Hugo and Sookie also had their hands tied but they were free to talk and shout for help like they had been doing for the last two hours. When they understood no one was coming to help them, not even Bill to Sookie's concern, Sookie started to call for Godric whom she knew was somewhere in the basement with them. She kept an eye on her little sister, making sure she was breathing every five minutes or so. Hugo's claustrophobia made Sookie stay away from his thoughts, not wanting to get anywhere near them.

When Brooklynne woke up, she was confused and in a lot of pain. Sookie tried to reassure her, apologizing for not being able to remove the tape, which made it hard for Brooke to breathe. Her fear caused her heart to beat faster, and she wished she were able to breathe through her mouth.

"Breathe in, breathe out, slowly," Sookie instructed her. "When Bill gets here, he'll give you his blood and heal your leg, everything's gonna be okay, I promise."

But Bill never came. They waited all night long, Brooklynne falling asleep and waking up over and over again because of her leg pain. Around 10 in the morning, Steve and Gabriel came down to talk to them. They looked pretty proud of themselves.

"She needs a hospital!" Sookie told them. "Her leg might be broken, and she might have a concussion!"

"I will admit, things got a little out of hand last night, and I apologize for that. I'm not the monster that the vampire-loving media makes me out to be."

"You're right. You're worse. She could die!"

"But that is your fault, not mine," he said. "After all, you dragged her into this. You're the one loving a vampire, aren't you? She's just an innocent girl following her big sister around."

"Screw you, you hateful..."

"Ah," Steve interrupted her, raising a finger. "Now, now, there's no need for that. All I want from you is a couple of answers. And then, I'll be more than happy to feed you breakfast and send you on your way."

"What do you wanna know?" Hugo asked.

"Shut up!" Sookie breathed out.

"Sookie, we need to get out of here. Tell them what they wanna know?"

"I want to get out of here, this wasn't supposed to happen, just tell them what they wanna know, I want out. Out!"

"Her name is Sookie Stackhouse, her sister is Brooklynne Stackhouse, and I'm Hugo Ayers."

"Hugo, no!"

"We were sent here by the vampires of Area 9 to find their sheriff."

"Sookie Stackhouse," Steve repeated in a whisper, looking pale like he had just seen a ghost. "From Bon Temps?"