Chapter 18

Spending the entire night with Jason and Sookie, cuddled in blankets, drinking hot coco with marshmallows

Spending the entire night with Jason and Sookie, cuddled in blankets, drinking hot coco with marshmallows... all of it seemed like a distant dream. A dream Brooklynne had had multiple times in the past year, once she thought would never happen again.

It was as hard for Sookie to get back to real life as it was for Brooklynne. Everyone in Bon Temps was so happy to not only hear about her return but also to see her again. The excuse Bill gave the police was very useful to shut anyone who was a little too curious. Of course, not everything was easy, and now that Sookie was back, it was a hard adjustment for Eric and Brooke to have a new roommate. So hard, in fact, that after only one day, Eric suggested they get a place of their own. A suggestion which, to her own surprise, she didn't find uninteresting.

"Anywhere but Bon Temps," Eric whispered so close to her hear she managed to hear him despite the terrible and terribly loud music playing in the club.

"You mean Shreveport," she chuckled as she slid a hand in his hair, gently bringing his face to hers.

As per usual, she was sitting on his lap, on his 'throne'. She had learnt to ignore the dozen pair of eyes, human or vampire, that were fixed on them for the entirety of the night. They were different, depending on their species. Mortals envied her. The undead judged him. Silently, of course. They knew what would happen if their sheriff caught them talking ill of his human.

The humans outside, however, weren't so quiet or discreet about their judgmental ideas and hate. Steve Newlin's following only grew bigger every day, ever since Russell went crazy on live TV, and a portion of it from Louisiana reunited every night in front of Fangtasia to spew their hatred all over its customers, be they vampire, or human. It did scare away most of the mortal clientele, though Fangtasia had been around for a while, and had, fortunately for business, loyal customers.

"What's wrong with Shreveport?"

"What's wrong with Bon Temps?"

He smirked. He liked it when she was challenging him. Always reminding him how perfect she was for him.

"We'd be close to Fangtasia. We wouldn't have to fly here every night."

"I like to fly," she shrugged.

"Oh, I know you do," he said with a grin.

"So, what do you want? To build a home under the club?"

"I would hate that as much as you would. I had an apartment in mind."

"An apartment?"

He nodded. "UV protected windows, with a view..."

"Mmh... that doesn't sound so bad."

"Wait until you see the view."

"I don't care about the view. As long as we're together."

She pulled him to her, his lips crashing onto hers. That was how the night almost always ended, except when a dumbass decided to get into a fight with the other dumbasses outside.