Chapter 16

"What the hell were you thinking?" Pam yelled at Eric as she helped Brooke lay him on one of the tables of the club

The Viking couldn't answer. He was in terrible shape, his face burnt all over, smoke coming out of his injuries.

"He needs blood," Pam said.

"I know."

"He's too weak to drop fang."

Brooklynne didn't even think as she lifted her wrists to Pam's face and the vampire bit her almost as quickly. As the human-fairy hybrid started to feed the Viking her blood, Pam started to look for the key of the cuff that was still around Eric's wrist.

"Thank God, the key," she said as she took it out of the inner pocket jacket.

She went around the bar to get some gloves that will allow her to touch silver and hurriedly removed the cuffs from her maker.

Brooklynne watched as Eric's injuries slowly healed and disappeared. He seemed to regain consciousness as well and she jumped slightly when he put his hand on her wrist and started to drink faster.

"You're gonna be okay," she whispered to him, though more for herself than for him.

His eyes opened wide and she gave him a small smile as he looked up at her.

"You're gonna be okay," she repeated as she started stroking his hair.

His face wasn't completely healed when he pushed her wrist away, making both her and Pam frown.

"Where's Russell?" were his first words.

"Outside," Brooke answered with confusion, "why?"

"We need to bring him in."

Pam and Brooke arched their eyebrows as they looked at each other in surprise, then back at him.

"Are you insane? Why?" Pam asked.

"Godric appeared to me and asked me to spare Russell."

Pam raised an eyebrow and gave an angry look to her maker.

"You are insane."

"Brooke?" he asked, as he knew he wouldn't get what he needed from his progeny.

"You want me to go get the guy who wants to kill us all and bring him inside? Really?"

She couldn't believe nor did she want it. After all the trouble they've been through to get Russell right where he was right now, she couldn't understand why Eric wanted to change the plan.

"Eric," Pam said, "do the world a favor and let that little fuck fry."

Eric rolled his eyes as he sighed before he stood up.

"I'll go out there myself."

"What?" Brooke breathed out. "No way, you're not going back out there!"