Chapter Two

The killer headache that Teddy Lupin had when his parents cracked open the door to his room was more punishment than 100 lectures from his mom or dad, even from his godfather

The killer headache that Teddy Lupin had when his parents cracked open the door to his room was more punishment than 100 lectures from his mom or dad, even from his godfather. When his mother called out the question of how he was feeling, Teddy just groaned. Tonks sent him a wink, shutting the door behind her and pulling a laughing Remus out of the room. Teddy was glad to be left alone in the blissful silence to gather his thoughts.

His blood rushed in his ears when his mind wandered to the previous night's events. Teddy's breath caught when he remembered the words that he had uttered to Charlotte. He had told her that she was beautiful. Well, Teddy mused, she was. Oh, her smile drove him crazy.

Snapping his attention back to the present, Teddy pushed himself up onto his hands as he watched his hair in the mirror across from his bed turn from a hot pink to a vibrant, turquoise blue as his emotions calmed down. He pulled a knitted red sweater emblazoned with a bright yellow T over his head, sighing. Teddy had to get up and face the music that was a result of last night. Teddy swang his feet out of bed, pressing them firmly into the wooden floor of his bedroom. He padded quietly out of the room, creeping down the stairs.

"Hey, 'Boy In Love'?" His mother called out, an impish grin present on her face. "How are you feeling?"

"Like I was run over by a hippogriff." Teddy collapsed into a chair opposite of Tonks and buried his face in his hands. Remus had disappeared to take a shower, the pipes rattling overhead.

"That's generally how you feel when you have too much fire whiskey, I should know." Tonks winked at her son, her smirk growing on her face.

Teddy sat back in his chair. His face was in a mask of disbelief. "You Mom? I thought you were a good..." Teddy spluttered. He had had some image in his mind that his mother had been well behaved. All the professors at Hogwarts loved her.

"Oh, my young son! I loved my fire whiskey when I was in my seventh year. I still do love fire whiskey." Tonks grinned, her hair a bright purple.

Remus appeared, his hair slightly damp from his shower. "Are you corrupting Teddy with your love for fire whiskey?" He questioned his wife as he moved to stand behind her chair. He wrapped his arms around her, smiling down at Tonks.

"No!" Tonks winked at Teddy. "I'm telling him that he shouldn't drink, which he shouldn't," Tonks sent a serious look at Teddy before smiling up at Remus. "But that he isn't alone in his teenage shenanigans, because when I was his age, I did the same thing."

Remus chuckled. "I remember. You were quite something when I met you. You still are."

Teddy watched his mother get out of her chair to embrace his father. They were so in love, even after so many years. They had been through so much together, and it had made them stronger. Teddy knew that his father was a werewolf, and he didn't care. When he was eight, young Teddy had asked why Daddy didn't feel well every month. Instead of lying to him, his parents had told him the truth. And Teddy was glad. He would rather know the truth than be lied to. Switching his attention back to his parents, Teddy sighed. This was the kind of relationship that he wanted. To be so in love that you didn't care about the other things.