Chapter Seven

"Hey, Teddy!" Charlotte bumped her shoulder into Teddy's, both of them now changed into their Hogwarts robes

"Hey, Teddy!" Charlotte bumped her shoulder into Teddy's, both of them now changed into their Hogwarts robes. They were alone in the Prefect cabin except for Polly, who was immersed in her sketchbook.

"Lotte, could you help me?" Teddy said with a smile. His yellow and black Hufflepuff tie was hanging loose around his neck, in contrast to Charlotte's perfectly knotted one.

"I don't understand how you still don't know how to tie your tie," Charlotte laughed. "You were supposed to have been doing this since First Year."

"I prefer to rock the loose tie look," Teddy swept his hair back with his hand, biting his lip. He looked at Charlotte and waggled his eyebrows, prompting more laughter to spew out of the girl. "And you can't say that I don't rock it."

"You do rock it." Charlotte agreed through her laughter. The sound was clear and bright, not unlike the noise made by delicate bells. "But you have to know how to tie it."

"I didn't know that being Head Boy meant being proper when I signed up for this!"

Charlotte rolled her eyes, pulled Teddy closer to her by his tie and began to knot it around. She left it slightly loose so that the style would still feel Teddy, but it was no longer all over the place. The boy was slightly taller than Charlotte, so he was looking down at the top of her head. Teddy put his hands on her head and rested his chin on his hands.

"Teddy!" Charlotte playfully hit his hand and moved away from the turquoise-haired boy. Her cheeks were shining with a rosy hue. "My hair!" Charlotte played with her brunette curls and adjusted them in the window of the cabin until they reached a level that was satisfactory.

"Did you know that McGonagall personally sent me a note telling me that I had to learn how to tie my tie if I was going to be Head Boy? It was attached to my Hogwarts letter." Teddy was now stretched out horizontally on one of the seats. He looked proper now, with his tie tied by Charlotte, but the girl knew that she would find an old rock band t-shirt under his robes if she cared to look. Charlotte totally didn't think about what was under the shirt. Not at all.

"That sounds like her." Charlotte's posture was relaxed and the corners of her mouth lifted up in a half-smile.

"Who's McGonagall?" Polly asked the older students as she was unsure of who they were talking about. Polly wanted to know everything that she could about Hogwarts before she arrived.

"She's the Headmistress of Hogwarts," Charlotte said, sitting beside Polly. "When my parents and Teddy's parents were in school, she was the Transfiguration teacher and the Head of Gryffindor."

"What's Gryffindor? Is it a type of club?" Polly bounced up and down on her seat, eager to learn more. Her legs weren't quite long enough to reach the floor, causing them to hit against the bottom of her seat with every bounce.

"You could say that." Charlotte laughed again. She could never keep a frown on her face when she was with Teddy. "At Hogwarts, students are sorted into four different houses at the beginning of their first year. The houses are kind of like your family, a group of people who you take class with and eat dinner with. At breakfast and lunch, you are allowed to eat at any table. One of the houses is Gryffindor."