Chapter Four

For the second time that week, Charlotte Ramsey approached the Leaky Cauldron

For the second time that week, Charlotte Ramsey approached the Leaky Cauldron. However, instead of being surrounded by her large family, she was only accompanied by her mother. Charlotte was going to buy her school supplies and meet up with Teddy, and Caroline Ramsey was attending a book club at one of the small bookstores lining Diagon Alley.

"Charlotte, be careful okay?" Her mother gazed at her with soft eyes as Charlotte stepped through the brick archway into Diagon Alley.

"I will be, Mum." Charlotte took a breath and inhaled deeply. She loved the feeling of Diagon Alley. It felt so alive, so full of light and joy. "Love you!" Charlotte waved goodbye to her mother and bounced off to Flourish and Blotts, the predesignated spot where she was meeting Teddy. She couldn't wait to see him.

"Lotte!" Charlotte snapped her head to where she heard the sound of her voice being called. It was the one and only Teddy Lupin yelling her name.

Charlotte waved to him before walking in his direction. She decided not to mention what had happened that night at the concert. They had both had too much fire whiskey, and who knew if Teddy even remembers that she said that. Charlotte shook her head before directing a smile at Teddy. "Teddy! How are you?"

When Teddy reached Charlotte he quickly hugged her. "I'm good, Lotte. How are you?"

Charlotte blushed slightly, her cheeks turning a light pink. "I'm good. Are you ready to get your school supplies?" She questioned.

"I'm ready. Remind me again which subjects you are taking for your N.E.W.T.S. again?" Teddy asked Charlotte, not noticing the blush spread across her face.

"Defense Against The Dark Arts, Potion, Transfiguration, Charms, Herbology," Charlotte paused. "And Ancient Runes!"

Teddy smiled at her. "That's a lot. I'm taking Defense Against The Dark Arts, Transfiguration, Herbology, Potions, and Charms. We will have a ton of classes together!"

Charlotte laughed. "Yes, we will!" She took a once over of Teddy's outfit before continuing. "While we are here, we need to get you some respectable clothing. If you are going to be Head Boy, you cannot wear that." That referred to Teddy's old, worn jeans and Chudley Cannons t-shirt. "Not that I don't love that outfit."

Charlotte's laughter echoed in Teddy's ears, making him smile. "My dad said the same thing." He muttered.

Charlotte's smile only grew. "Your dad is a smart man. Now come on!" Charlotte grabbed Teddy's hand and pulled him off into Flourish and Blotts.

"I'm coming, I'm coming!" Teddy joined in on Charlotte's laughter.

The bell tinkled when they pushed open the door to the book shop. It was mostly empty, with only a few students and parents buying schoolbooks. "Welcome. What can I help you with?" A tired voice said from the back of the shop.