1

NATALINA

"Thanks, Nat! I seriously owe you one." Lily said to me as she quickly packed up her bags.

"Seriously, it's no problem. You know I don't have shit to do anyway," I chuckled, tying my apron around the back. "Let me know how it goes."

"Will do! Thank you again, I'll buy you lunch this week!" She said as she rushed out the door.

I shook my head, laughing, and walked to the register. "I got it from here, Willis." I said, patting Will's shoulder.

"Thanks, Nat." He turned around, smiling at me then walked to the back of the shop.

I'm just full of favors today. Crazy how getting more than 4 hours of sleep makes you feel. The day went as usual, although kind of busy for a Tuesday. The college kids need a good coffee shop to study for their exams, I suppose. There were really no issues throughout the day, and before I knew it, it was 8:30. One hour til closing. Most everyone was packed up and gone by now, when one customer walked in. Who shows up to a coffee shop at 8:30 at night?

"How can I help you?" I asked the customer. The extremely attractive customer, might I add.

"I have two requests, I suppose," British? Alright then, sexy stranger. I nodded. "First off, can I just get a cold brew? Second off, are you free sometime this week?"

I chuckled. Seriously? "Yes on the cold brew, probably not on the free time."

"Ah," he sighed. "Such a shame. Your number, maybe?" He smiled.

"You're bold! Flattering, but I don't date. Can I get a name for your order?"

"Harry. Any chance you're off soon? Not for a date or anything. Just a conversation. Would hate to hold you up." He grinned.

"I'm off in an hour, but-"

"She's off now, actually!" My boss Angela said as she came up behind me, untying my apron. "That man is gorgeous. Go talk to him or I will." She whispered in my ear. "I'll have that right out for you, sir. Iced vanilla latte for my girl," she patted me on the shoulder. "On the house." She winked.

I rolled my eyes and laughed. "Conversation it is then, I guess." I said, looking at Harry, walking towards the gate to get into the lounge area.

"Looks like persistency pays off." I said, as I sat down across from the man named Harry.

"Looks that way." He grinned.

"So. What do you want from me?"

He chuckled. "Good question. To get to know you, I guess? I don't know. You're just very pretty. You caught me off guard a bit."

"It didn't seem like I caught you off guard. You seemed prepared."

"Quick reflexes?"

I smiled. "Okay. What do you want to know? You've got 30 minutes before we close. Make them count."

We started off pretty simple- the questions were what you expected them to be. "Where are you from?  How old are you? What do you do for a living?" I found out he's from England, he's 26, and he's a music producer. I kept my answers relatively vague, as I tend to do. Things were fine, until he asked the infamous question - "Why'd you say 'you don't date'?"

The answer for me is complicated. A long, dramatic story. So, I gave him a simple answer.

"Long story."

"I've got time."

"I don't." I smiled. "Story for a different day."

"Will you at least give me your number?" He asked.

"No. It was nice talking to you, though." I smiled again, standing up and placing both of our empty coffee cups on the counter. "See you tomorrow!" I called to my coworkers, then walked out the door.

"Wait, wait, wait!" Harry called after me, rushing to catch up with me. "Was it something I said?"

"What?" I questioned, still walking towards my car.

"You said you wouldn't give me your number. Did I do something wrong?"

"Oh! No, not at all."

"Then what is it?" He asked as we finally approached my vehicle.

"Nothing against you. I just don't tend to give my number out."

"If I showed up here tomorrow, would you talk with me again?"

"Sure." I smiled, getting into my car. I shut my car door, put my key in the ignition and drove away rather quickly.

I like keeping them on their toes.