6

MATTHEW

"Nat, it's me!" I heard from across the hall. I knew it! I knew she was there. She doesn't know I live directly across from her. I know everything.

What I don't know, though, is who the fuck is knocking on my girl's door this late at night. She wouldn't even open the door for me. I quickly peeked through the peephole, seeing a tall man at her door.

Then I saw her, rushing out. My beautiful girl, grabbing that strange man's hand. Is he another friend, like Will? Is he more than that? I'd surely like to find out.

I wonder what happened to her. She seemed upset, like she was in a hurry to get away. Why wouldn't she open the door for me? Just a bad night at work, I hoped.

I walked over to the kitchen table and sat down at it, sighing as I poured myself another glass of scotch. She hated when I drank, but I had it under control now. I had most everything under control now, but she won't give me the time to show her that.

I know she will eventually. I mean, I had her stick around for six years when I didn't deserve her. Once I can prove to her that I do deserve her, she'll love me again. I can't help but think she still loves me. She has to, right? You can't fall out of love with someone you loved for six years. Especially your first love.

I'll love her forever, I think. I'll win her back soon.