Not a Coincidence

JJK

"Gukkieeeeeeee" 

He groans at the sound coming from across the court yard 

"Park Jimin, I was wondering when you'd finally make your appearance this semester" he smiled, hugging his best friend 

"You brat, I've been here. Just haven't had time to waste with you. How's first week of senior year treating you?" 

"Honestly, like shit but I'll survive. What about you Chim, did you make any progress over the summer with that guy you were obsessed with last year?" 

Jimin pouts, flopping onto the grass next to Jeongguk "Don't remind me.. he's way out of my league..I didn't even bother" 

"Since when do you think anyone is out of your league? Who are you and what did you do with my best friend?" Guk teases and Jimin rolls his eyes 

"If you saw him, you'd understand. Leave it to Jihyo to be best friends with the hottest man alive, who is also gay, but parade him around our entire lives, never letting me, her gay brother, in...the absolute disrespect" 

Jeongguk can't help but laugh "Ahh, the classic trope of falling in love with the siblings best friend. A disaster waiting to happen" 

"It won't happen because Taehyung will never even look my way" Jimin pouts and Jeongguk really thinks this is some sick joke because why is this Taehyung guy being brought up literally EVERYWHERE. 

"Do you by chance mean Kim Taehyung? The blonde?" he questions and Jimin's eyes widen 

"Kim Taehyung. The blonde. The artist. The intellectual. The genius. The apple of my eye. Yes, Kim Taehyung. God's gift to mankind." He quirks an eyebrow "Why, do you know him?" 

"You could say that.. and by that I mean, he hates my guts and wants nothing to do with me" he shrugs and now Jimin is really confused 

"We've got to be talking about two different Taehyung's. MY Taehyung is the literal sweetest human to walk the face of the earth an absolute ray of sunshine" and Guk bursts into a fit of laughter 

"Yeah, we're definitely talking about two different guys. This guy is the opposite of sunshine, more like the clouds that ruin a sunny day." 

"Sheesh, this guy put you through it huh?" Jimin chuckles and Jeongguk rolls his eyes 

"It's just infuriating having someone hate you for no reason but whatever, not like I'll ever see him outside of this place anyway." 

KTH

"I can't believe you're getting a job, are you crazy?" Seokjin's voice is loud through the speaker of his phone

"Hyung, I have no choice. I'm broke and refuse to ask mom and dad for money, besides it's at my favorite art shop and I'll get 40% off my purchases." 

"I just don't want you to be overwhelmed. It's so hard working and going to school Taehyungie.. that's why mom and dad didn't want you to work." 

"I know hyung, but I wanna do this okay? so don't tell mom and dad. Promise?" 

"Only if you buy me something once you get your first check" he laughs and Taehyung giggles 

"Always a catch, huh?! I'll talk to you later, I'm heading in for my shift!" 

|

Taehyung looked around the familiar store with an excited smile. He hadn't intended to get a job but whenever he came in to buy some new supplies this weekend, he couldn't help but notice the help wanted sign.