Entire Universe

One Week Later

JJK

"Guk-ah, do you think you could pick up another day of working at the shop? Temporarily of course." 

"I mean, yeah, I can. What's up dad?"

"Nothing, one of our cashiers quit and I won't have time to interview applicants until next week."

"Who quit?" 

"Ah, Taehyung-ah...I'm real sad about that one, I liked having him around. He complimented my paintings a lot" Mr. Jeon laughed "Oh well, we always lose the good ones anyway" with a shrug

Jeongguk hasn't even caught a glimpse of Taehyung since their talk. Yoongi has blown off basketball practice all week too. He didn't know how he felt at first. Finding out about a life that he led for four months, that he doesn't remember, even the slightest...it sounds crazy. He feels crazy. He can remember some of his classes, he can remember certain events that took place, he can even remember some people he didn't get a long with Freshman year. Out of all of the useless memories piled up in his shit-for-a-brain..why can't he remember him? Why can't he remember Taehyung? It's driving him insane. 

Not only that, but his actions didn't just impact him. Taehyung loved him..really loved him. It's clear, from everything he said, everything he saw. Jeongguk wonders what beautiful memories he's missing. 

When did they meet?

 How did they meet? 

When did he first say I love you? 

Who said it first? 

What did they like to do? 

Where did they go? 

All of these questions he wants answers to but the person who can give them to him, can't tell him. It's infuriating and Jeongguk knows it's selfish and knows it's a long shot.. but he has no other option and he's dying to know. He's hardly slept in a week, so he dials the only other person who knows anything about this

"Y'know, I was wondering when you'd reach out again." Spoken with a laugh 

"Hey Eunwoo.." 

"We both know why you're calling so cut to the chase, what do you know?" 

"I know that we were together..t-that he loved me.."

"You loved each other." 

"Right, I just.. don't get it. I dunno, I don't get how I could not remember anything about us or him. I don't even remember meeting him?"

"It was at that culture festival, the one we met up with your parents at. You were high off your ass and couldn't even walk straight, you literally knocked him over." Eunwoo's bitter laugh fills the speaker "it was kinda funny though, he should've been mad but if anything he looked happy that you bumped into him.. you asked for his number within like 5 seconds of apologizing." 

"The only thing I remember about that festival, was counting down the minutes until we could leave. Mom and Dad were so clingy that day." he groaned 

"Yeah, because you hadn't talked to them in the entire first two months at Uni." 

"What do you know about the night of my accident, Eun? Was he there?" 

"Guk.." 

"Just tell me, nothing you say could be worse than what he said."