Arc 1: The Beginning part 4

Chapter 4: The Beginning part4

Disclaimer: I own nothing except the plot and my OCs. There will be a lot of OOC actions from everyone because I'm horrible with emotions that I haven't felt or seen firsthand.

"Talking"

'Thoughts or emphasis'

'Separate voice inside head'

~Parseltounge~

Whispering or emphasis

Extreme emotion/extreme emotion

^ From another author's fic

(Author's note or extra info) marked accordingly

(A.N.: I want to thank everyone for their support, kindness, genuine care about my well-being. I'm glad that I have such kind people following and reading my story, it truly means a lot to me.

Sorry that this took so long, I moved into a new house, and I got a major writer's block. I also started studying for my GED. And thank you to everyone who waited for me to finish editing.

Also, for the people wondering why Harry sounds like an adult, Harry read a dictionary as a small act of rebellion because he's not allowed to be smarter than Dudley and due to his eidetic memory he absorbed the entire thing.

Thank you for being patient and understanding, now without further ado let's get onto the story and I hope everything is to your liking. :D)

~.*.~.*.~.*.~.*.~

August 3, 1985

Harry's POV

   I don't understand why I'm acting like this; I've never acted my actual age before. Before this, it was always either act mature and like I was grown or suffer, because an adult mind-set was more suited in making sure I could survive and avoid punishments.

   But because of the safe, calming and familiar feeling Uncle Gray and Uncle Moony give off, all my ingrained mature traits are unwinding and I'm starting to act like your average five-year-old, which brings us to now.

   "No!", I yell as I try my best to squirm out of Uncle Moony's grasp to evade the needle that was trying its best to poke me. Now, if I were still in my Adult Mindset this wouldn't be much of a problem, and I would cooperate with ease. But because of the calm and safety Moony and Gray exude my mental walls and emotional barriers are crumbling away causing me to begin to act my age.

   "Harry, you need these shots! If you don't get them, you could become very sick, and you could possibly die! They're good for you." Remus said.

   The reasoning and logic behind those words made sense but it was like something had possessed me and now I realized I had a large, almost irrational fear of needles.

   Then suddenly, I was scooped up into Uncle Gray's arms and he was singing again.

~Epic 3 but in a cathedral from Hadestown~

Heavy and hard is the heart of a King

King of iron, King of steel

The heart of a King loves everything

Like the hammer loves the nail