sixteen • never again

Raven's POV

After I left Chris, I promised myself something. Never again will I fall in love. It brings to much pain and heartbreak. I would mess up with them like I did with Chris.

I regret leaving. To this day, I still regret it. It took me a second to let him back into my life, and when I did, it got ruined once again. Is it karma? Since I left him, whatever god there was handed him back to me, but wouldn't let me have him the way I wanted to?

"Raven?" Angelo called from the living room.

I went to roll over and ask what he wanted, but I guess I was to far over in my bunk, and I rolled right out onto the floor. "Oww," I groaned.

"Are you okay?" The guys yelled in unison.

"Noooo," I croaked. "I think I broke my back."

Angelo and Chris ran over to me to help pick me up. Chris carried me to the couch and placed me down gently. I say, "thanks," and reposition myself so I'm comfortable. "What did you need, Ange?"

"I just wanted to ask you if you wanted Taco Bell. How did you even fall out of your bunk?" He asked, shaking his head.

"Well, you called my name, and I guess I was laying to close to the edge, because when I rolled over, I said fwoop. I fell from the top bunk," I rambled.

"Fwoop?" Ryan repeats. "What the hell does that mean?"

"It's a hyperbole," I reply.

"What's that?"

"Ya know, a sound effect. Like boom, or hiss," I explain.

"Oh, sounds effects have a proper name?" Balz says stupidly.

Ricky and I, both very into Language Arts, both shake our heads and say, "yes."

"I suppose you're doing better, then?" Chris asks.

"Nope. Just because I'm hurt doesn't mean I won't give an English lesson. Do we have any Tyelnol?"

Chris tossed me the pills and a water bottle. I thanked him, trying not to look into his concerned eyes.

Never again, Raven.

I really wanted to just be in Chris's arms. I wanted to kiss his lips, and stare into his lively brown eyes. I wanted to whisper sweet nothings into his ear and leave little love bites across his neck. I wanted to trace his tattoos and fall asleep next to him.

Never again, Raven.

Chris was the one I wanted. Every past relationship I had been in was never anything compared to what it would have been with Chris. He's always been the one I wanted. Always been the one I loved.

"Raven?" His soft voice brought me out of my trance. "Did you want anything from Taco Bell?"

"Uh, yeah. Order me anything without tomatoes."

•    •    •    •    •

The guys were cheering loudly over the hockey game that was on the flatscreen. I didn't understand it, so I was on Twitter, looking at my feed.

"Did you see that, Rave?!" Balz yells.

"See what?" I ask.

"That was so unfair!" Ryan exclaims.

"I don't know what's going on!" I yell back. "Um, I'm taking a nap! Bye now!"

My social anxiety got the best of me and I ran to my bunk. I heard approaching footsteps about five minutes later and Chris popped his head into my bunk. "Can I come in?"

I scooted over and he crawled in next to me. He looked a bit uncomfortable in the small, one-person bunk, but he began talking anyway. "How's your back?"

"It's good. How's everything with your girlfriend?" I tried to make it sound genuinely nice, but I guess it sounded like I was making a jab at him.

"I thought we were over this?"

"We are, I was just asking. Like, friend to friend conversation."

He shrugged. "It's okay. I don't know how long it's going to last."

I could tell he was lying about something. He was probably just trying to make me feel better by making me think they were going to break up. "You do whatever you think is right, Chrissy."

"Okay," he whispered. He leaned closer to me and I felt his breath on my lips. He placed his mouth over mine and gave me a short kiss. His lips rings collided with mine, making little tinkling sounds. His lips were soft and tasted like the Vanilla Coke he'd been drinking.

He pulled away and looked me in the eyes. I closed mine tightly, willing myself not to cry. "You have Sabrina," I reminded him. "I'm taking a nap."

He began to protest, but I rolled over and buried my face into my pillow. When he finally crawled out of my bunk, I began to cry.

Oopsies. Also, I've fallen out of my bed so many times it's not even funny.
     - salem ♡

Edited and revised
802 words