eighteen • when we were young

Raven's POV

I was ecstatic. Chris Cerulli was actually in love with me? How did that happen? The man I've wanted to be with ever since junior year of highschool was taking me out tonight, so I was really going a bit overboard with getting ready.

I was sitting on the floor of the back lounge, my makeup and the guys - minus Chris - spread out around me. Devin was giving me tips here and there for my makeup, and Balz sat behind me, doing my hair. He was actually pretty good at it.

"I always told you that Chris liked you back," Angelo said for the fifth time in the last hour.

"I know," I emphasized. "We all know that you've been reminding me of how you were right for the past three hours."

Ryan snickered and Angelo scoffed. "I will have you reminded that this is exactly what you did when I started dating the girl named Alice back in highschool," he announced.

"How do you even remember that?" I ask.

"I remember a lot. I remember the talent show, I remember when you told me you liked Chris. I remember when he told me he took your -"

"Angelo!" I exclaim. "Shut up!"

"Ooh, he took your what!" Ricky asked a bit to loud.

"Nothing," I muttered, my face red.

"You dirty bastards!" Devin exclaims.

"We weren't even dating! It was just because we felt comfortable with each other, so we ... ya know ..." I trailed off.

Chris popped his head into the room. "What are we talking about?"

"How you to Raven's v-card!" Balz said before I could switch the topic.

"Um ... I ..." His face was red and he was stumbling over his own words. "Well, yeah."

The guys all burst out laughing and I bury my face into my knees. This was incredibly awkward.

Then, I felt a presence next to me. I look up to see Chris, smiling at me. "But I didn't do that bad, right?"

I laugh, too. "No, Chris, you did just fine. And," I begin, extra loud so the guys all look at me. "Not only did Chris take my virginity, I took his, too!"

That made the guys laugh even harder. "You didn't tell me that part," Angelo said.

"Okay, let's not talk about this anymore," Chris tells them. "It's weird."

I continue brushing my eyeshadow on, trying to forget the previous conversation (we all need to forget it.) Chris was still next to me, his arm draped over my back and his head laying on my shoulder. He was watching my reflection in the mirror contentedly.

Devin walked over to the closet that we had in the back lounge. It's where the guys hung their suits, or Devin's costumes/dresses, and my dress clothes as well. Devin tossed me one of my dresses, which was a simple, black sundress. He then tossed Chris a white button down shirt (with black paint on it from the shows,) and a pair of black jeans. "Go get dressed," he commands us.

I run into the bathroom. Chris just changes in the back lounge, not caring about the guys. I slip into the black dress quickly, and then the fishnets I snuck in here. I go back into the back lounge, both Chris and I fully dressed. Devin tosses me a pair of my black platform boots.

We all stood up off of the floor. I was now about an three inches shorter than Chris because of my boots. He grabbed my hand and slipped his wallet into his pocket.

"Use protection!" Ricky yells.

Chris shakes his head. "Sorry about them."

"It's okay, Chris. You've always hung out with a weird crowd," I joked.

"No, I mean tha part about Ange exposing us."

I laughed. "Oh, Chris. I don't care if they know. I don't regret anything that happened that night, even if it was when we were young."

He smiled. "I don't, either."

I smiled back. "Good, now, where are we gonna eat?"

I'm going to see MIW in Indiana on the 20th! Who else is going?
          - salem ♡

Edited and revised
688 words