prologue

Tropical Flounder

The day before the kidnapped

       Deep under the ocean in the seawing’s most sacred palace, Queen Anemone is taking a stroll with her older sister, Tsunami, through the palace garden. Meanwhile a young dragonet is out to prank her dear aunt when she were to return to her room.
“Flounder are you sure this is a good idea? I mean Princess Tsunami was one of the dragonets of destiny. She was always out fighting other dragons.” a very worrisome dragonet chittered as the two of them swam towards Tsunami’s room. “She probably wouldn’t hesitate to smack a couple of dumb dragonets like us.”
“Exactly, Dolphin, probably” Flounder said in aquatic as she was doing something to Tsunami’s bed. A few minutes passed before Flounder’s luminescent scales started to glow again to say something, “Done, now let’s get out of here.”
Flounder swam towards the door looking out into the hall to look. There down at the end of the hall she could see both her aunt and her mother. As she signaled something in aquatic, but Dolphin didn’t know advanced to aquatics so she didn’t know what Flounder flounder was trying to say. Flounder sighed a burst of bubbles, then said, “She’s coming, bail out the window!” she tried to hide her wings as her luminescent scales glowing in the patterns they have memorized in school. As she said that the both of them speed out the window swimming at full speed towards Flounders room, but when they got out of sight but could still see themselves they stopped and looked back.
Tsunami and Anemone swam into her aunts room, talking in some sort of super advanced aquatic because Flounder didn’t even know what they were saying. Then all of a sudden Tsunami jumped onto her bed, a cloud of black ink starts to form as the dragonets see a huge bright glow and a huge mass of bubbles come flaring out of the room’s windows. They could tell Tsunami was screaming with rage.
“That’s our que to drift.” Flounder said in a beam of light coming off her wings and tail. As they booked it through the window to Flounder’s room. They quickly made everything look as if they were in there playing for hours.
Not to long after the burst of Tsunami’s fury that exploded out of her aunts room, Tsunami herself burst through the door to Flounder’s bedroom, almost breaking it off of it’s coral hinges.
“WHAT DID YOU DO!” Tsunami shouted angrily, even though it was just a pattern of glowing scales, Tsunami added the extra effect by making the scales glow extra bright and her dagger like eyes looked as if she could be digging through your conscience and stabbing your soul to get what she wanted from you, but luckley Dolphin wasn’t facing Tsunami and Flounder had practice resisting Tsunami’s gaze.
“We did nothing,” Flounder answered.
Dolphin finally turned around and tried to avoid Tsunami’s gaze, “Honest.” she agreed.
“Yeah right!” Tsunami flared.
“Well, Tsunami, why don’t you go get cleaned up.” Anemone said gesturing to how Tsunami was covered in squid ink. “And you too Dolphin, it about time you got home, okay.” she is using her queenly posture against them. Both Tsunami and Dolphin bowed their heads then left.
As soon as Tsunami and Dolphin were out of earshot of her room Anemone swam over to Flounder’s side with a glare in her eyes. “Really Tropical Flounder! I know your father would get a kick out of this, but this behavior is unexceptional for the future queen of the sea kingdom.” Anemone scolded Flounder.
“I’m sorry, I just miss father. So I thought if I were to act more like him I wouldn't miss him so much.” Flounder begged for mercy with sad eyes.
“Well i guess it’s time for a trip to the rainforest, now isn’t it?”
And with that Anemone took off out the door and down the hall. When she came back she explained to Flounder that she gave to Tsunami the task of looking over the kingdom while they were gone.
“Let’s go!” Anemone said excitedly, her scales flashed excitedly.
“Yeah!” Flounder responded bolting out the window, her mother right behind. Both of them heading for the surface at full speed.
When they breached the surface Flounder yelled, “RACE YOU TO THE BEACH!” then took off with a swish of her powerful tail.
The salty air felt great wiping against her ruff, turning her pink all along her shoulders and tail. She was so over turn with joy and excitement that she almost didn’t see the beach in front of her.
As she was speeding along she hit the sandy ledge head on at full speed, “OOF!” then she was flung onto the sandy shore. Her mother stood over her in concern. “I’m fine.” Flounder said covered from head to tail in sand, “We gotta get to the rainforest anyway.”
“Right.” her mother said shielding her head from the sand Flounder was flinging everywhere trying to get up.
When Flounder had finally got all the sand out from between her scales she took off into the sky. About thirty minutes has passed before reaching the edge of the rainforest. Anemone started spiraling down towards the leafy canopy, continuing down to the forest floor, landing in a small pond, landing next to her.
“Alright, we are here!” Anemone said excitedly
“UP HERE!” a voice shouted from above them. It was a brightly colored rainwing sitting on a platform, he was a bright green and pink with a hit of purple on his ruff.
“DAD!!” Flounder shouted sky rocketing towards him.
“Palm!” Anemone yelled flying up towards the platform he was standing on.
“Wow! It’s been so long since I've seen you girls!” Palm said wrapping the two of them in a huge hug. “Did you know all the royalty has come home now.”
“No what does that mean?” Anemone asked.
“All the hybrid dragonets have coming home. The daughter of Queen Glory showed up about 2 hours ago, then the icy princes, and the mud wing, then shortly before you came home the sky princesses.”
“Oh wow!” Flounder exclaimed. Her mother had a shocked expression.
A few moments later they were on their way to their hut close to the edges of the rain kingdom where a waterfall misted the entire area.
Later that night Flounder was playing in the mist coming off the waterfall with a few birds in the area. All of a sudden a sound of a branch breaking broke the silence of their play. Flounder looked in the direction the sound came from. Everything went black and she fell straight down into the lake below the waterfall, unable to do anything, couldn’t open her mouth to get anyones attention or to thrash and hopefully hit her captor, but she couldn’t because she was already knocked out cold