training

Bloody Frost
F

rost slowly lowered himself towards the edge of the water. When he got to the surface, he noticed Rain wasn’t in sight anymore, she dove again? Then out of nowhere he could hear the water splash behind him, then something grabbed his tail pulling him under. Whatever it was it was too strong for him to resist and it pulled him under. A fish was forced into his talons and when he opened his eyes, through the bloody mess he could see a black dragon swimming around stabbing fish with her talons. The fish slowly floated towards the surface, she beckoned him to retrieve the fish with her. As they rounded up the fish getting out of the bloody water, they could hear someone yelling at them.
“RAIN!! FROST!! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING!!” the angry voice shouted from the cliff that towered above them. They quickly gathered the rest of the fish and flew up towards the angry voice.
“How about dinner?” Rain snapped at him, “Fish.”
“Humph.” Darkstalker said talking one of the fish from Rain and inspecting it. “I guess I should say thanks because i never really thought of what we would eat, but look at the mess you made! Sharks are going to swarm the island now.”
“That’s ok, when that happens we’ll have shark for dinner.” Rain jokes.
Darkstalker walked over to a cave that had a lit fire in front of it, and sat down waving them over to do the same. When they got to the fire neatly piling the fish behind a log, they sat down across the fire from Darkstalker. Frost could feel the heat of the fire burning his snout. Backing away from the fire sitting behind Rain so her body could block the heat.
“We will begin training tomorrow, GOT IT?” Darkstalker barked.
They nodded their heads, “Good now eat your fish and go to bed.” he ordered pointing towards the fish behind the log.
They both stepped towards the fish grabbing three sticks, throwing one at Darkstalker along with a fish. He thanked them with a nod, sticking the fish on the stick and planting the stick into the ground at an angle so the fish could cook over the fire.
When they finished eating Frost watched Rain climb a nearby tree and settling on a branch, resting her head in her talons, then closing her eyes. He found a flat rock near the same tree she was in, breathing his frosty breath at it, covering the rock in frost and ice. Then curled up into a ball to sleep.