CHAPTER EIGHT

ALONSO

Ever since he was a little kid, Alonso knew that he will not grow up to be the typical Mafia leader. He knew that cruelty and inhumanity are things he is going to have to act out; they were not and still are not a part of who he is. They however emerge out of thin air when one of his beloved suits gets ruined, which is what just happened to his brand new Brioni black Madison suit. He insults the woman that ruined his precious clothing with all his might, and his fury only increases when she smiles at him and walks away like she did not just commit a crime.
Blinded by anger he follows after her and grabs her arm tightly before she can run away from him. He can see her body stiffen as the wind cause her hair to fly into way too many directions.
"Your meaningless apology is not going to fix what you have done to a suit that costs more than your entire wardrobe you clumsy bitch!" He yells at her.
Slowly, she turns around to face him as she uses her hand to push he brown hair away from her face. By the way her body stiffened just moments ago he expected her to look at him with fear maybe even with tears in her eyes, but that is not how she looks at him. The Italian mafia leader is taken aback by the wrath in her eyes. His eyes leave her angry ones and travel to the rest of her face; her eyebrows are shaped in the right way to match her captivating green eyes, her pink lips would have been kissable if she is not cursing him.
"Did you just call me a bitch?" She scratches the hand that is holding her arm with her nails causing Alonso to let her go with a startled gasp.
"Fanculo, what is wrong with you woman? You do not just..."
"I understand that I ruined your clothes but that does not give you the right to call me a bitch!" Alonso cannot help but feel a little dazed; no one has ever talked to him like that before. He knows that he should be angry, but all his anger has been replaced by amazement.
"An asshole like yourself does not deserve to be regarded as a human being and be apologized to, because even if you apologize to a dog it would understand what the word 'sorry' means and implies." At her words his anger starts to emerge once again. He would never hurt an innocent woman, not physically at least, and while he refuses to show a woman any kind of cruelty, he would still expect them to show him respect, and if they do not, then his words will be sharper than a knife. But if a woman is part of a mafia, well it is a completely different story.
Alonso cannot stop himself before his right hand around the young lady's throat, while holding her hair tightly with his left one; he makes sure that his ire is noticeable.
"Listen here you bitch," he makes sure to emphasize the last word. Which does not work out for his favor since she throws whatever that is left in her cup on his head causing him to let her go in surprise.
"Might as well play the part I have been given" she mutters as she turns around and walks away.
Once again the Italian man does not control his own actions; he follows the mysterious lady and grabs her arm pulling her to him. Her eyes meet his, while his focus on studying her soft features, hers are still filled with anger. Alonso goes back to all the women her has met before but he cannot recall any woman – or a man- for that matter who has ever held themselves the way this lady does. There is a certain fire in her green eyes, a fire that is capable of consuming one's soul if they look into them for too long.
Another thing that makes Alonso DiFronzo different from the standard mafia leader is that he believes in love. He believes that one day he will meet the right woman and he will fall madly in love. Sure, he has killed many people, and he has tortured and maimed a lot more, but he never claimed that his heart is made of stone or that it is as cold as ice. On the contrary, he reckons that the mafia life will not destroy other aspects of his life.
Alonso has always doubted that love can occur at first sight, it rises from knowing the person and falling for their bad traits before their good, it is something that the person gradually gets soaked in until eventually they allow themselves to drawn in it. He believes, however, that he may take an interest in a woman once he meets her, which is something that is happening with him right now.
He is certain that he has some kind of interest in the woman who is currently in his arms, he cannot however decide whether it will ultimately lead to love. After all, his interest in the few women that has caught his eye before was diminished greatly one way or another until eventually it was gone completely.
"I'm sure your mother has taught you to be more polite and elegant with people you just met." He gives her a smirk as he manages to regain his calm.
"Yeah, that rule can only be implied if I plan on being acquainted with said person, which I sure you that is not the case right here." He does not know why, but something inside him wants to see what it would take to make her show any sign of fear, or hesitant at least because one of the two things that attract him about her is her attitude. It is not about the way that she fights back, but rather the way she holds herself. Alonso cannot help but think he is an idiot for thinking this, but somehow it makes sense to him.
"Just because you act like a confident bitch, does not mean you get to escape this situation that you stupidly put yourself in." he grits his teeth as he forces himself to look intimidating. For some weird reason, he does not want her to be scared of him; deep down he knows it is because of his hope of one day finding love.
"As you can see my suit is ruined, and I cannot exactly walk around looking like this. So, you are fixing this little problem." He smirks at her fearing his words or what she might think their implications might be.
"Well, if you mean to say that you wish for me to lend you my clothes then, I am afraid that is not possible; not because I am unwilling but because they will not fit you." He is taken aback by her fake sweet smile.
Suddenly, he sees a glint of mischief in her eyes indicating that she is up to something. And he finds himself intrigued and curious as to what she is thinking.
"I can, however, help you steal some clothes from one of the houses a few blocks away." He is tempted to snap at her and remind her how expensive his suit is, but finds himself wanting to spend a reckless few hours with the appealing before him.
"And I assume you know how to steal without getting caught?" he tries to conceal it, but he is extremely excited to do such a childish thing. As the leader of the Italian Mafia, he does not get to enjoy little moments like this one. Therefore, he decides to relish the moment. After all, he does not know if he will see the mysterious woman again.
"What? Getting caught is the fun part, and you just want to avoid it?" the horrified look she gives Alonso grants her an amused chuckle from him.
"Well, then I should not stand in the way of your fun. Shall we?" he asks her playfully.