EPILOGUE

CRYSTAL

Two months has passed since Alonso disappeared and Crystal had decided to go through her initial plan. She left with her dad, Zaire and Freya a few days after the funeral. Since then, she has not talked to Nicholas nor Lucas; she just was not ready.
She was hurt that Alonso left without telling her and even more hurt that he left without saying goodbye. However, she did not mob about it; he made his decision and there is nothing she can do about it. One good thing about his leaving however, is that it made her throw herself into her work and finally write her book; her last book.
She decided that after everything that happened this year, she should retire from writing right after she finishes writing her book. After all, it is about Alonso; how they met; how they fell in love; and how eventually their story ends. She used fictional names and fictional places, but the idea of the book was drawn from her experience and journey with the Italian mafia boss.
She does not know if she will see him again, but she chose to be hopeful and write a happy ending for her book; one where the two protagonists reunite and confess their love for each other and live a happy long life. A cliché ending, but it is what Crystal hopes to get herself. Therefore, she refused to changed t when he editor expressed his dislike towards it.
She knows that her father knows where he is, but she also knows that he probably gave Alonso his word to not tell her. Hence, she chooses to not force her father to go against his word. If she was in Alonso's shoes she would not want her father to disclose her location either.
Still, with every day that passes, she is hit by this feeling; this urge; to run to her father and demand that he tells her the truth. But if Alonso wanted her in his life, then he would have taken her with him or at least told her that he was going to fake his death.
What occupies her mind the most is one question: What changed? And the countless possible answers that come along with it.
Was it because of his mother's death?
Was it because of Ignazio's death?
Was it because of grieve?
Was it because he finally had enough of the mafia life?
Was it because he no longer loved her?
The last possibility scared her and made her hate herself, because if it the reason why he left then it has to be because of the way he treated him. If that was the case, then it is her fault; she drove him away. She caused her own unhappiness.
Part of her believes that not knowing is a mercy, because she is too scared to know if she hurt and broke both Alonso and herself. If that is the case, then she never wants to know.

THE END