CHAPTER TWENTY NINE

ALONSO

TheItalian mafia boss does not think as he pulls his gun out and shoots Ivan'shand. The second he enters the house, he finds the Russian mafia boss pointinga gun at the woman he loves. Thus, Alonso reacts based on his instincts.
Secondslater, the rest of his friends follow him. It had taken them almost thirtyminutes to eliminate the hostiles that were guarding the house. They took downabout two hundred men.
"Crystal,come here." He orders the Brazilian woman. However, she does not oblige.Instead she stays rooted in her place creating a barrier between Ivan and theunconscious guy who Alonso assumes is her little brother Zaire.
Alonso'sbody freezes as he stares at Crystal. For months, he dreamed about seeing herface again, he feared he would not get an opportunity to see her face again.Regardless of the situation they are in, Alonso cannot help but steal a momentto be mesmerized by her beautiful green eyes. His friends had been right; thereis something different about her; the spark in her small eyes is gone. Still,he can see the devotion, the fierceness, and the love in them. Alonso's focuson Crystal prevents him from even hearing Ivan's hissing and grunting. When he doesturn his attention to his foe, he finds him holding his bleeding hand as hewraps one of his men's shirts around it.
"Dropthe gun Dante." Milo grits his teeth at his brother who has a gun to his son'shead. Even though the older man does nothold a weapon, his older son, Nicholas, does and he seems to be ready to killanyone who means his family harm.
"Milo,it is so good to see you big brother." Dante says mockingly as he moves aroundZaire's bed. Alonso stares at his unconscious face, and he notices theresemblance he has to both Nicholas and Crystal. However, he has a softer facecompared to his siblings; it is as if he is not born to be in the mafia world.At least that is what his face implies.
"Ihave to say, all three of your children inherited your annoying personality. Itis unnerving; it makes me want to rip all four of you apart." Dante points thegun at Crystal.
Immediately,Alonso becomes alert because unlike Ivan, Dante would shoot to kill. And he didnot go through what he did during the last two months only for her to die evenbefore he has the chance to properly reunite with her. He does not even know ifshe loves him back. In this moment, however, he does not care whether she loveshim or not; what he cares about is her staying alive.
Beforethe Italian man can act, Milo stands before both Crystal and Zaire. He can seethe protectiveness in the old man's eyes. He can also see his determination;all his three children will get out of this alive.
"Thatis very heroic." Brent smirks. Alonso wants to ask the American mafia boss whyhe got involved in a matter that does not concern him. However, he alreadyknows the answer.
Alonsoturns to Ignazio to find his friend glaring at the American man with a layer ofsweat starting to appear on his forehead. Ignazio is nervous.
"Iwould point my gun at you, but my respect for you prevents me from doing so."Brent huffs in exaggeration. Alonso has never been close with the American mafiaboss mainly because of the personal bad blood they have. However, somethingAlonso always notices whenever he and Brent cross paths is the man's tendencyto be exaggerate. It always gets on Alonso's nerves.
"Ido not believe you know how to respect anyone." Lorenzo's voice isintimidating.
"Ofcourse I do. I mean, the man made the whole world believe he was dead. And notonly that, but he also concealed his son's existence..." Brent gestures his gunat Zaire.
"Andhis daughter's identity." He gives Crystal a wink.
"Donot look at my sister like that you son of a bitch." Nicholas takes athreatening step towards him but Alberto holds his bicep in order to preventhim from getting killed.
"Nicholas,calm down man." Alonso gives his friend an understanding look. He too wants tobunch Brent for looking at Crystal in an inappropriate way, but if they lettheir emotions dominate their actions, it could cost them their lives.
"Iwould listen to him if I were you Nickolas. After all, I would hate to hurt oneof these rather attractive women." Ivan walks around Camilla, Leora, and Milawith a sadistic smile on his face. Alonso can tell that Ivan yearns to make himpay for shooting him.
Suddenly,as he takes a looks at his mother and sister, the Italian mafia boss findshimself wishing he did not pull the trigger. Regardless, he does not regret it;Crystal is as important as his family. In fact, as far as he is concerned, sheis his family.
"Whodo we have here?" Brent's eye catches Ignazio's. He takes joyful steps towardshim until they are a few centimeters away.
"Itis good to see you little brother." Brent gives Ignazio a wicked smile. Ignazioonly hisses at him. Alonso sees how the American man tries to manipulate andprovoke his friend, he is glad that Ignazio does not provide the satisfactionto his older brother.
"Brother?"Crystal mutters to herself, but everyone in Lorenzo's office hears her.
"Oh,so your new best friend did not tell you that he has two older brothers? Seemslike you are not the only one who have family secrets beautiful." Brent walksto her and messes her hair with a smile.
"Lether go Brent!" Ignazio screams before anyone else in the room when the Americanmafia boss pushes Crystal's back to his chest and wraps his arms around herwaist.
"Andwhy would I do that? She really is a beauty." Brent places his chin onCrystal's left shoulder.
Alonsotries to catch Crystal's eyes, but she is too busy looking around her. Shestudies their options. His eyes land on the bruise on her cheek and if he hadnot shot Ivan a few minutes ago, he would have vowed to shoot him for it.Although the thought of shooting him for a second time does not seem like a badidea, if anything it sounds tempting.
Also,Alonso can see how Crystal holding back. She can easily put the man holding herto the ground, but she seems worried that doing so would endanger her brother.Thus, she stands with her shin high as she observes everything and everyonearound her.
"Doas the man says as or I will blow your fucking head!" Lucas' tight hold on hisgun indicates that he will not hesitate to be true to his words. When Brent doesnot move away from Crystal, Alonso feels his blood start to boil from the rage.But he knows he has to calculate his moves.
Beforehe can think of anything two women enter the room with their guns raised.Alonso almost laughs at the sight of them. The first woman is Dante's wife, Angelica. She points thegun at Lucas with a ridiculous determined look on her face even though she doesnot hold the weapon right. She looks like a fish out of water. The second womanholds the gun towards Ignazio, what makes Alonso almost laugh is the fact thatshe is pregnant; in the last phases of her pregnancy; she can barely walk.
"Ivan,are you okay? What happened to your hand?" The pregnant woman looks at theRussian mafia boss with concern in her eyes.
"Iam okay Darya; do not worry about me love." Ivan's voice and face become gentleas he talks to her. That takes Alonso back, and then it clicks. Darya is hiswife; Alonso then remembers how the news spread about how the Russian mafiaboss got married about two years ago.
Alonsoturns around so he faces Nicholas, Alberto, Lorenzo, and Milo. He barely has togive them a look before they understand what he intends for them to do. He puts his right hand behind his back in adiscreet way and he starts counting. When he reaches five, everyone moves.
Nicholashastily and harshly grabs both of Angelica's arms. Thus, she drops her gun andthe Brazilian man pulls both of her arms behind her back causing her to let outa loud scream. Alonso can tell that Nicholas does not hold back even though hehandles a woman who has almost no experience in fighting. The Italian mafiaboss suspects that the reason behind that is the anger and the resentment hefeels towards the older woman.
Lorenzoruns to the three men who hold Camilla, Leora, and Mila. It takes him aboutthirty seconds but he manages to put the three hostiles down. Then heimmediately wraps his arms around his wife as she cries against his chest.
Milothrows his body against his brother's; they collide against the glass table.They break most of furniture in the office before Milo manages to break hisyounger brother's nose, and point a gun at him as he lays breathlessly on theground.
Albertopushes Darya into the nearest wall causing her to drop her gun. She tries topush him off of her, but he has her in an iron grip. The Russian woman callsout for her husband, but Ivan is busy with Alonso who throws him into theground and holds him in a choking hold.
Whilekeeping a tight hold around Ivan's neck, Alonso watches Crystal as she takes aquick look around the room before she hits Brent in the face with her elbow.Hence, the American mafia boss loses his balance. She exploits the opportunity asshe turns around and hits his left ear with her fist. Brent takes a few stepsback as he tries to balance himself. Crystal gives him one last punch for goodmeasure before she runs to Zaire.
However,the second she reaches the hospital bed, Dante manages to overpower Milo andsteal his gun.
"Doyou really think I am afraid of you?" The Brazilian woman raises her eyebrow atthe older man as she stands protectively in front of Zaire. Alonso wants to goto her and push her behind him, but he cannot free Ivan. Therefore, he choosesto believe that she can handle herself.
"Donot dare harm my sister!" Nicholas screams as tightens his hold on Angelica. Danteignores him as he gives Crystal a smirk that gives Alonso anxiety.
"No,but I do believe you are scared of my gun." Alonso turns to Lucas who gives hima nod; a sign that he does not have to worry. If Lucas believes that there isnothing to be worried about, then he is probably right. After all, he knows herbetter than Alonso does.
"Yourgun is as threatening as you are." Crystal is calm; she does not show anyemotion. She reaches out behind her and touches her brother's wrist. The wayshe holds it, tells Alonso that she checks for heartbeat.
"Crystal?"Milo says his daughter's name as he tries and fails to get off the floor.
"Heis alive. His pulse is really weak, but it is there." She does not get her eyesoff Dante.
"Itis only a matter of time before he dies." Dante's smirk vanishes when Crystalslams her foot against his knee. He immediately falls onto his other knee as hegrunts in pain. She takes the gun from his hand before she hits her uncle for asecond time when Brent's chuckles echoes in the air.
Hemanaged to recover from the hits he received from the Brazilian woman, and heholds a gun that is aimed at her temple.
"Ihave to say, I never thought I would be the one to kill you beautiful." Brentgives her a playful smile before the sound of a gunshot echoes in Alonso'sears. Brent's shoulder starts bleeding; his gun already on the floor; asIgnazio walks towards him with a cold look in his eyes.
"Bastard."Brent mutters as he holds his shoulder.
"Ihave waited for years to do that." Ignazio hisses as he comes face to face withhis brother.
"Andyet you did not kill me, why?" The American mafia boss leans on the wall behindhim, and slowly starts descending to the ground.
"BecauseI wanted to look you in the eye before I blew up your brain." Ignazio leansdown so he can be face to face with Brent. Alonso can see the eagerness in hisfriend's actions; he wants to kill his older brother, but something holds himback.
Itis clear that Ivan does not notice Ignazio's reluctance because he exploitsAlonso being distracted. He pushes the Italian man off of him and attempts towalk towards the two men to help his ally. Alonso looks at Nicholas who pushesAngelica towards him.
"Letme go, boy. This is disrespectful." Angelica hisses. She tries to punch him buthis hold on her causes her to eventually whimper and stop moving.
Alonsowatches the Brazilian mafia boss as he takes a gun from Lucas and shoots Ivan inthe leg. Silence consumes the air for a few seconds as the Russian mafia bosscollapses on the floor before Darya starts screaming her husband's name.
"Ivan...Ivan... No.... please no... Ivaaaaaan!" She tries to escape Alberto's hold to run toher husband.