Flash and Slash...

"Last night was...crazy. I'm so tired." I moaned into my pillow. My back hurt my feet ached and my brain felt groggy and dizzy from my excessive drinking. (Damn nerves.)

"I know the feeling..." Trixa mumbled her retort from the door of my bathroom.

"Fun though, huh?" she said smiling.

"Yeah, it was pretty fun." I laughed.

"Soooooooo, you and a certain Scottish hunk looked super cozy out on the dance floor. Where did you two slip off too last night? After the dinner and dancing was done?"

"Oh man Trix it was so amazin! I took him outside to cool off and we just talked. He asked questions about my life and about me and.....it was just......." I was at a lose for words.

"Magical?" Trixa filled in for me.

"Without sounding too cliche, YES! Absolutely! Trix...he's wonderful! I feel like a love struck teen or something! Aaaaaand.....I'ma see him again tonight."

"NO! Oh my god Nova! Girl I told you he was the one! Come on we HAVE to celebrate, YOU need a new dress for tonight!"

Trix, this is one time I fully agree with you! I def need a new outfit, new hair, new...everything! The ball is right around the corner! We need to go all out!" I eagerly agreed as I finally made my way to the bathroom to clean my ass up.

After a shower and some much needed meditating to re-center myself I decided to head to the training grounds with Trixa. EVERYBODY and their mother's are here.....ugh...

"Come on Nov, you need the release. You've been looking really......charged lately. Time to let loose! Owww girl come on!" Trixa hooped and hollered at me till I smiled and lined myself up with the projection dummy.

"Holofighter on, Key code: Alpha003, Intensity Level: 06."

"Good morning Princess, Holofighter 01 is online. Intensity Level is set to six. Energy blaster's are enabled, would you like to disable them?" asked the Holofighter.

"Good mornin Holofighter, Yea, keep the blasters on. Blaster intensity at stun please." I replied.

"Energy Blaster intensity level is set to stun. Holofighter will begin in 3....2....1."

A holographic fighter suddenly appeared before me. We took our fighting positions and began. The Holo began with a right jab, I easily blocked and lunged into a haymaker. The Holo was caught off-guard but not for long, he came back with a quick left body-shot, I took the hit but landed a swift upper cut. I backed away to readjust for another flying lunge but something behind the Holofighter caught my eye. Suddenly there was a flash of black then silver. I barely dove away in time. Something sliced the Holofighter in half. By now a crowd was beginning to form around me as we searched for the flash. I walked to the Holofighter, whats left of it anyway and began examining it. A searing pain on my cheek and something hard as a boulder hit my chest as I was thrown backwards. I managed to twist and flip over myself as gracefully as I could, landing a few yards away. I gasped for breath as Trixa and a few others began to run towards me. Another flash caught my eye, only this time I was ready. I called upon my powers as the flash zipped across the field towards me. The hair on my arms began to stand on end, my skin was crackling and beginning to show waves of purple as my runes resurfaced and began to glow. I could feel my eye's lighting up as my vision changed to that of my wolf's. I kept my head low and my body tucked tight in case I needed to spring into the air. I could feel the flash getting closer and closer. It would reach me in a few seconds, that's all I needed. I burst forward, arm drawn, ready to land my blow. Whatever was coming at me didn't have time to react as I landed my fist into it's....face?....I don't know. An explosion of purple and silver rushed from where my fist made contact. Whatever it was, was thrown back across the field. I stood, shoulder's back fists at my side and head held high. My skin was covered in purple rune's now that glowed bright along with my eye's. I heard multiple gasps from the onlookers but at this point I didn't care. let them look. The only person I ever needed to have accept me will be my mate! Speaking of....what WILL he think of me. I turned to look into the crowd and search for him, just as we made eye contact I felt the searing pain again this time, it was on my back, over my right shoulder blade. I threw my hand back to stop whatever it was that was causing the burn but nothing was there! Another searing pain hit me in the abdomen, I doubled over in pain. A scream came out from the crowd. Someone was trying to come to my aid and was in return being burned as well. Without a second thought I threw out my powers and constructed an energy shield around the crowd. The closer they tried to come to me the more they were getting burned. I stood, clutching my bleeding abdomen. I held up a hand at the crowd.

"Please, stop. The more you try to get to me the more of you are getting hurt. Go, stay away. I won't have any of you getting killed because of me. Stay back! That's and order!" I threw out at them as I wavered on my shaky legs. I couldn't understand it, usually it takes a lot more than this to get me weary. Somethings not right here.

"Princess! Remove the force field! We have to help, your bleeding out!" Duncan, a British Reps son, cried out to me.

Just then another flash and I was thrown against the wall of my shield. Then another flash and again I was thrown across the way and into the other side of my shield. this kept on until I fell into a bloody pile on the ground.

"Have ya had your fun? Are ya done?! Let my people go in peace and you and I can settle this!" I said in my most stern voice, well the sternest I could muster between spits of blood.

No reply just another flash and slash. This time my back again.

"Nova!! Nova its me Trixa, look at me Nov, honey ya gotta drop the shield, you need healing! Nova you're gonna die, drop the damn shield!!" Trixa screamed at me as she banged against the shield.

I couldn't reply, I could barely stand. It was all I could do to keep the shield up. The flash was coming at me again from across the field, faster this time. I braced myself as best I could for the inevitable impact. I took one last look at Trixa and gave her a fake smile as I lowered my head and braced myself. This was seriously not how I thought this day was gonna go. I was supposed to go shopping after my workout and get a mind-blowing dress to show up to the ball in this weekend. I was gonna get my hair done and meet some of the important reps from across the globe. I was gonna do peace treaties and trade deals and all that important crap then sneak off with Darrow and go running through the woods. I was gonna tell him about....everything. Now, I'm getting my ass handed to me by something I cant even see! What a way to go, I tucked my body tight and braced on my back foot so as to cushion the blow. One second I'm in reality and the next I'm floating in limbo. Honestly....I didn't even feel the thing hit me. I've always wondered what it would be like to die, guess I know now. This is weird though. I can look down and see my body, it's right beneath me, still crouched over bracing. But, how can I be alive and dead at the same time? What the hell's happening here?.....Where am I? All of a sudden I'm no longer above my body, my vision fades away and all becomes black....

Hope ya'll are enjoying! Please remember to comment and gimmie a like or heart lol !!!