Memories Oh Sweet Memories...

I could feel eye's on me as I walked behind my best friend. She took me deeper into the wood's than we had originally planned, but, I figured it was so no one heard the commotion between us and tried to stop us.Trixa's nervous, I can feel it, that's not good so I mind linked her."Trix, hunny, you have to calm down. I know you're nervous but you're givin off such an overwhelming vibe, I can't feel anyone else." "I'm so sorry! I'll try to reign it in. You know I don't mean to hurt you, if I do, I mean.""It's fine, it has to look real, don't hold back ok." "I'll try..."

A few more paces and we were in a clearing, the moonlight shone through only a few of the branches, leaving menacing shadows everywhere. There we waited. Trixa, true to her word, reeled in her emotions enough for me to catch a whiff of my mate, Greyson and one other familiar scent that was just on the tip of my tongue. Suddenly Trixa turned on me. She must smell him too. She locked eye's with me, it's time.

"Year's..." She began "Year's, I've followed you, protected you, looked out for you, and how...HOW have you repaid me? How have you repaid my loyalty?!" She started to stammer, just barely but I noticed. I attempted to help while she thought up her next words.

"Trix, what are we doing here? When you asked to talk I didn't think you meant in the middle of the woods. Is something wrong?" I gave her an opening.

"Wrong?!....YES! I'll say somethings wrong all right! YOU.....you.....s-s-snake, yeah! You snake! You knew I loved Darrow! I told you about my love for him, years ago after my trip to the Highlands!" Ok we can work with this...I hope.

"What are you talking about Trix, I thought you said that guy was a Lord." I feigned innocence.

"Well, I didn't know he was a KING then! The point is, He's mine Novara!" She pulled her fist in front of her, it was completely lit by a veracious fire. I think Valik had a little something to do with this. Trixa's magic is earthbound not firebound. Regardless, I played along.

"Trixa...wh-what are you..." Before I could say another word she gave the slightest nod and threw the fireball.

I dodged but allowed the fireball to clip my calf, I needed to look weaker than I am. Trixa's eye's widened but I quickly threw her a "stay in character" glance.

"Trixa what the hell?! He's my mate I can't ignore that!" I threw back at her.

"W-Would it bother you to know then....Eodan.....is my son!" She pieced the sentence together with some effort but seemed happy with it in the end and even smiled maliciously at me. Good job gal-pal.

"WHAT?!" I exclaimed in false shock.

She threw a myriad of fireballs at me again, missing purposely. I told her to make it look real damn it! I dodged, rolled, then allowed my powers to rise. It's time to fight back.

"Trixa, I trusted you, all these years and you're willing to let a man come between us!?"

She smiled as she held up her flame fist.

"A KING" she loosed another barrage. This time a bit more on point.

She twirled in mid air, a long red whip appearing in her hand. She cracked it at my feet then pulled it back and whipped it at my hands, binding them together. (At a girl Trix!) She came to land in front of me, fireball in hand. She stalked right up to my face, a mere nose length away. Suddenly he shadow seeps across the darkened woodland floor and began loosening the whip from my hands. Valik!

"If there's no you...There's no mate bond...?" She said as she gripped my chin. Her eye's bore into mine for what felt like forever, she was running dry on material. I flicked my eye's to her hand holding the fireball. She looked confused for a second, then her eye's widened. There's the click. She backed away from me then held her hand up.

"I'm sorry Nova, but.....he's MINE." She loosed the bolt, it took everything in me not to throw up a shield. Trixa was packing some powerful magic thanks Valik. If this ball of fire doesn't kill me, It'll be a damn miracle. Maybe we were wrong, maybe the traitor isn't here. Maybe he isn't watching. Oh, God's I hope I'm right about this. Suddenly, the fire stopped. There was no pain, no burn, nothing. Just the smell of Cinnamon and honey...wait....I became consumed in memories. As far back as my childhood, I remembered the scent! It had grown up with me! It was there in the wood's the night I first saw Valik by the water. It was there at the Ball and even before it. It's been a constant in the castle....Oh My God's!! I opened my eye's and looked into hazel green orb's.

"Aiall?..." I whispered.