Thirteenth Chapter

❝Every single person is a fool, insane, a failure, or a bad person to at least ten people.❞

- Mokokoma Mokhonoana.

[ H U N T E R   W I L L I A M S ]

The first thing I saw when I woke up was a grey concrete ceiling, how riveting. My head was killing me as I slowly took in my surroundings. I was laying on a cold, metal board and my back was not thrilled. I slowly got up and looked forward, only to realize I was in a holding cell.

Chills of confusion and anxiety rushed through my body as I tried to remember the events of the previous night. All I could remember was going to a party and getting hammered, the rest was hazy.

I figured that I must have blacked out before cops crashed the party. I doubt I did something that bad for cops to be called to arrest me, at least I hoped I didn't do anything wrong. I'm not entirely sure as to why I was here, to be honest, I was no longer underage - I could drink in peace.

I stood up and winced a little as my body decided to pull the breaks, almost making me blackout again. I slowly but surely walked towards the bars and decided to call out for someone, I needed answers.

A woman wearing her uniform came into the room where the holding cells were, a blank expression on her face, she wasn't happy to see me. "I see you're finally awake, young man." Her voice strict and monotone, kind of terrifying, honestly.

"Uh, yeah. Quick question, why am I in a holding cell?" I muttered, holding my head as a weak attempt to make it stop hurting as much.

"We busted a highschool party where a bunch of students doing drugs and drinking alcohol, majority of them underage. We saw you unconscious on a sofa, while everyone else was fleeing, we concluded that you had been drinking and took other substances and brought you in." The officer explained dismissively.

"Am I in trouble?" I asked, biting my lip.

"Not at all, we identified you as an adult, Hunter Williams, yes? Figured we'd keep you in until you woke up, just as a precaution in case you wanted to do something stupid before you sobered up." She explained in a softer tone.

I sighed in relief, thank god I didn't do anything dumb that I couldn't remember, I think my parents would have skinned me alive. "So, am I okay to go?" I asked, still locked behind bars.

The officer nodded while pulling out a key out of her pocket and unlocked the holding cell door, which I stepped through carefully.