Chapter 5

Jordan and Joseph finally graduated from high school. Joseph joined the military while Jordan went to the community college. Olivia had a peaceful final year in high school to her relief.

  After a few years, Olivia was in her final year at college. She also went to the community college and she was glad she didn't run into Jordan at any point in time because he was a level higher than her and college is quite a big place.

Jordan graduated from college and became a fitness trainer. Joseph, on the other hand, bought a house for himself and Olivia but he didn't move in because he wanted Olivia to be done with college then they would get married and start a family like he had always dreamed of. He was really excited about getting married to Olivia and starting a family because in a matter of months she would be done with college but his excitement was short-lived when he was told that he'd be going for a peacekeeping mission in Afghanistan. Joseph was heartbroken but his duty as a soldier comes first.

       ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  Olivia sat on her bed crying while Joseph was soothing her and trying to make her see the reasons why he needed to go.

Olivia had immediately returned home after receiving a call from Joseph.

"Do you have to go?" She asked.

"Yes, Olivia. You need to understand that joining the Force is about protecting your nation and other nations, so I have to do this,"

Olivia just couldn't accept Joseph's explanation because she didn't want to lose the man she adored so much.

"You can resign or something. I don't want to lose you, Joseph," she said in tears.

"You're not going to lose me. It's just a matter of time before I'll be back."

"When, huh? Tell me when will that be?... You've seen what happens to other soldiers, do you want to end up that way?!"

"DON'T BE SELFISH OLIVIA!" Joseph yelled.

"This isn't only about you. I've always wanted to do this and I'm not complaining, so you shouldn't."

Joseph tried to calm himself after getting mad at Olivia. He never wanted to react that way but she pushed him to do it and he's feeling terrible now.

"I don't know, Joseph. I have a bad feeling about this."

Olivia was honestly having a bad feeling about Joseph's departure and that wasn't a good sign.

"Olivia, look at me...I promise I'll be back. If not for the sake of anyone, for us." He said hoping she wouldn't protest any further.

"Fine," Olivia said sniffling.

"But we'll get married before you leave."

This took Joseph by surprise. He wasn't expecting that and there's no way he's agreeing to that. He wanted their wedding to be perfect and not something that should be rushed.

"Babe, we've already made plans for that and I don't want to ruin those plans for anything in this world."

"Damn those plans, Joseph! Don't you understand how I'm feeling right now?!"

Olivia was already frustrated and didn't understand why Joseph was so calm about the whole thing. Joseph on the other hand was taken aback by Olivia's annoyance.

"I'm sorry I yelled, okay?" She then apologized and concluded that there was no point holding back anymore, she needed to do this now.

"Fine. We'll get married when you get back, but first..."

Olivia then stood up from the bed, slowly took off her clothes, and stood naked in front of Joseph.

"I want to be completely yours," She said walking towards him.

She was only inches away from Joseph making it difficult for him to resist the temptation.  Before him stood his girlfriend in all her glory, having the body of a goddess and even if he wanted to, he couldn't stop himself from staring.

Joseph has been waiting for this day for quite a while but he doesn't want it happening this way. He wanted their first time to be something of bliss and not something mournful like they were saying their last goodbyes. He shook his head, took the sheets from Olivia's bed, and wrapped them around her body.

Olivia was disappointed by his actions.

Why did he reject her? She thought he was in love with her? Maybe she wasn't good enough for him, she thought to herself as she began crying all over again.

Joseph then held her close to his chest as she sobbed.

"I'm not good enough for you," she said.

Joseph felt hurt by what she said. He didn't reject her because she wasn't good enough for him. He doesn't want to use his departure as a way of taking advantage of her.

"You're perfect, Olivia. And that's how you'll always be to me," he said and placed a kiss on her head.

They both cuddled up on her bed and didn't even realize when they fell asleep.

Vote and comment if you liked this chapter
Until next chapter
love y'all