Chapter 11

Months had passed since Olivia and Jordan reconciled. She wrote to Joseph telling him that she and Jordan were now friends, he was happy to finally hear that they decided to bury the hatchet and become friends.

Jordan had been going over to Olivia's place more often and he had also shown her where he lives, she sometimes goes to visit him to hang out. Jordan had convinced Olivia to come to the gym once in a while which after a lot of excuses she finally accepted.

Olivia returned from the gym one Saturday afternoon after doing some workout. She was on her laptop when she saw a video call coming, she got excited when she saw that it was Joseph.

"Hey, babe. How are you doing?" Joseph asked.

Olivia felt very happy seeing his face again after several months.

"I miss you so much, Joseph," she confessed not being able to hold back her happy tears.

"So, what's up?"

"I'm fine and so are your parents and mine. Jordan and I just ended a strenuous work, so he's also fine."

"Wow! You work out now?" Joseph asked with an amused smile.

"Yeah, he forced me to. Do you know I had to do fifty sit-ups and now I'm exhausted." Olivia replied with a pout.

"Well, that's incomparable to the two hundred push-ups I have to do over here."

"Wow! That's incredible!" Olivia said surprised at how one can survive after doing such several push-ups.

"I miss you so much, Olivia. I can't wait to be beside you once again." Joseph suddenly said.

"Me too, love. Me too"

They talked for a while before Joseph finally said,

"Babe, I have to go cos my time is up. I promise to call you again as soon as I can that's when I'm less busy, okay?"

Olivia was sad but she knew he had to go because his free time was limited.

"Okay. I love you so much, Joseph," she said.

"I love you too, babe." That was the last thing he said before the call disconnected.

The moment Joseph hung up, Olivia realized that she really missed him and had been lonely all this time and sadly her loneliness would continue. She stood up from the couch and went to the bathroom to shower. After showering she went into the kitchen to make dinner.

"Hey, Mom!" Olivia greeted her mom over the phone while making chicken noodles for dinner.

"Hello, sweetie. How are you doing?"

"Great mom. Guess what?"

"What?"

"Joseph called today and we talked at length," Olivia said with excitement in her voice.

"Really, honey?"

"Yes. He told me to say hi to you and Dad."

"That's thoughtful of him, thanks, sweetie. Hope you're doing okay? You know, living alone and all."

"Mom, I'm fine," Olivia replied.

"I and your father have been talking about it and we don't have a problem with you coming to live with us maybe until Joseph comes back?" Her mom suggested.

"Mom?!"

"Look honey, it's not a problem at all."

"Mom, I don't have a problem living alone. Thanks for your concern," she replied massaging her forehead because of the sudden headache her mom's persistent had caused.

"Are you sure honey? It's okay if you don't say yes now."

"Seriously, Mom, I'm fine."

"Okay. I won't push it but you can give us a call if you change your mind, okay, honey?"

Olivia didn't want her mom feeling like she didn't appreciate the offer so she had no choice but to make her feel she was going to give it a thought.

"Fine Mom, I'll think about it."

"Please do, sweetie."

"I have to go now, I'll talk to you later okay?"

"Okay, sweetie. Have a good night."

"Goodnight, Mom." Olivia replied and hung up going over to check on her dinner which to her happiness was ready. She was already starving so she served herself some with a glass of orange juice.

After dinner, Olivia went to bed that night excited that she had spoken to Joseph and now more than ever she couldn't wait for him to come back home.